• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ioline Studio 7

benscammell

I have been given an Ioline Studio 7, with loads of vinyl, blades etc.

I would like to be able to make simple cut vinyl box labels.

Is there any software that would drive this?

I have a USB to serial adapter, and working in IT can magic up a laptop with Window 7 / 10 etc.

Any help appreciated...cheers, Ben

korntee

I have been given an Ioline Studio 7, with loads of vinyl, blades etc.

I would like to be able to make simple cut vinyl box labels.

Is there any software that would drive this?

I have a USB to serial adapter, and working in IT can magic up a laptop with Window 7 / 10 etc.

Any help appreciated...cheers, Ben

korntee

I have a studio 7. I used flexisign pro 8 on an old levano think pad running xp. I have a usb to 9pin adapter to a 25 pin to serial adapter? I cant remember exactly but heres a picture.

Attachments

• 20201016_073138.jpg
    20201016_073138.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 135

WildWestDesigns

If no current software has a driver for it, could always see about setting up a RAW HPGL "printer" within Windows. If I recall correctly, it should support HPGL (I suggest RAW as I'm used to the device being able to parse what it needs and leave the rest, that way I won't I don't have to worry about something not being sent properly).

On the platform I am on now, this setup is relatively trivial, I don't know how it is on Windows as my need for it didn't happen until after I was off Windows, but Windows does have (if I recall correctly) HPGL support built in from XP on.

It's just another option if there is no straight forward software option as for some it may be more technical then they want to deal with.

Atlas272

Does anyone know where to get the pen attachment for a studio 7 plotter, tried ioline themselves but no reply as of yet
Screenshot_20220213-172440.png