• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ioline studio 8 opinions?

3CGraphics

I have a chance to buy this cutter (Ioline studio 8) and was hoping for some input from the board. It is in good shape, cuts well but not a full speed as it stretches the vinyl a bit (from the user). It is a bit old but the price seems really good for a 36" wide cutter. Budget (OK, nearly non existent budget) has me very limited.
Also any idea if it can cut heat transfer vinyl (for apparel) ioline site says it will cut thick stuff but no mention of thin.
Thanks to everyone in advance!
Steve

mastersignwizard

we like Ioline

We have several Ioline cutters. We never have any problum with them. They are built like tanks. They can cut heat transfer material. Just make shure the blade is sharp.

camconcay said:
I have a chance to buy this cutter (Ioline studio 8) and was hoping for some input from the board. It is in good shape, cuts well but not a full speed as it stretches the vinyl a bit (from the user). It is a bit old but the price seems really good for a 36" wide cutter. Budget (OK, nearly non existent budget) has me very limited.
Also any idea if it can cut heat transfer vinyl (for apparel) ioline site says it will cut thick stuff but no mention of thin.
Thanks to everyone in advance!
Steve

geb

I use the ioline super88 daily. Have cut alot of vinyl with it. Tech support has always been very helpful, also. One thing I've found is I go through many 45 degree blades. Not sure why. The 60's seem to hold up well cutting reflective. I've cut close to 100 yards reflective the last few weeks, using the same blade.

All in all, once I got a few little problems ironed out, it has been a good cutter.

George

osg

ioline blades?

1. was a wondering where to buy the ioline blade. 60 and 45 degrees.
2. where can i buy the cutting strip for my studio 8

Steve C.

I have a Classic 24 that has been going strong for 10 yrs. Never had anything to compair it to until I got this new Vinyl Express Jaguar. Now I really appriciate what a great machine it is. The Pinch rollers can be dropped anywhere because the bottom roller is the full width of the cutter. It is somewhat slow comparitivly. You can speed it up by setting the acceleration to 0, but for smaller letters set it at 01. This won't matter since you are buying a used cutter, but Ioline has the best Customer Support and Tech Support that I have ever delt with.
You can get blades from almost any supplier, Ameriban, Signwarehouse, Graphic Solutions Group, etc.

Deadhead

My Ioline, a solid workhorse

I bought a Smarttrac Ioline, it will take up to 30" vinyl, but I always use 24.
I used to do the heat press thing, but it is hell on blades. We tried keeping one spare blade to use for that, and keep one for vinyl, but they kept getting mixed up.

What are you other Ioline users using to cut with ?
I got a copy of Mimaki Fine Cut that works just fine with the Ioline. Only problem is I got ver 1.0 which won't work with Corel 11, and up grades on their site are from 3.0 up. Anyone have a copy of Fine Cut 3.0 they'd share ?
:thankyou:

Bill Preston

Have had a Classic 24 for 9 years without problems other than in the beginning wide material would occasionally belly up in the middle and get ripped. Ioline provided 2 additional pinch rollers of a bit lighter spring tension, so now I use the originals at the edges, and the other two somewhere in the middle. No more ripping. Also got a modified blade holder that has a plastic collar that allows the user to set how much blade is showing.

Friction feed only, so narrow scraps can be cut. I rarely do long runs so tracking hasn't been a problem. Usually use GAP blades at about half the cost of brand names. 45 for general use, 60 for reflective.

Always thought Ioline was one of the under rated brands. I'd recommend with no reservations.

bill preston