• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ioline Studio7

groves902

I have an old Ioline Studio7 24"
It has a communication issue and Im ready to get it out of the way. Just wondering if anyone would want it for parts before I use it for a boat anchor. I havent used it for at least 6 years, Ive replaced a serial communications chip that didnt help. It still powers on, feeds manually, and test prints, but I cannot get it to connect to the computer, and it fails the self diagnostic communications test.

Bert Wondervan

It has a communication issue and Im ready to get it out of the way. Just wondering if anyone would want it for parts before I use it for a boat anchor. I havent used it for at least 6 years, Ive replaced a serial communications chip that didnt help. It still powers on, feeds manually, and test prints, but I cannot get it to connect to the computer, and it fails the self diagnostic communications test.

What is your Windows version and what is your software for this machine?

groves902

Windows 7, used flexisign, same setup that had originally worked. Ive also used the ioline software, but it cannot connect either. Had a local electronic shop replace the rs232 ic chip when it failed, but Ive never been able to connect to it since then. I now have 2 other plotters and 5 printers in the shop and just dont want to mess with this one or store it any longer.

Bert Wondervan

Windows 7, used flexisign, same setup that had originally worked. Ive also used the ioline software, but it cannot connect either. Had a local electronic shop replace the rs232 ic chip when it failed, but Ive never been able to connect to it since then. I now have 2 other plotters and 5 printers in the shop and just dont want to mess with this one or store it any longer.

To test/start your plotter you need, SignLab Cut Pro or Vinyl Pro 10 (for Windows 10, 8, 7).

Try the Trial version:
https://updater.cadlink.com/CommercialReleases/trial/SL10Trial.exe

This Program support drivers of your cutter.
After installation, run SignLab and from:
Cut | Plotting Defaults | Selected Driver | Setup | Port | choice the connection port of your cutter.

Installing and removing this software is very easy.
I have this software, used. Let me know if you're interested.

DAC

Hello.New to the site. I'm almost a year late to reply, so is it safe to assume that you have trashed the studio7? The cutting solenoid seems bad on mine. If for some reason you still have it let me know please.

DAC, Rapid City, SD

korntee