• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

IOS / iPad workflow software

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Anyone use workflow/jobs software on ipad?
if so what are you using?

I dont know much about it, nor am i finding what im looking for in the app store, or using the right keywords.

Basically something we can post jobs and info on i.e tasks.

Im looking to move away from emails and onto some software on our ipads.

Thanks.

WildWestDesigns

if so what are you using?

I dont know much about it, nor am i finding what im looking for in the app store, or using the right keywords.

Basically something we can post jobs and info on i.e tasks.

Im looking to move away from emails and onto some software on our ipads.

Thanks.

Why not something browser based, that way it won't matter what device is accessing the data? This would also open up more options for you as well.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Why not something browser based, that way it won't matter what device is accessing the data? This would also open up more options for you as well.

open to suggestions. i had a look at the other thread and saw, Asama. We're going to trial that for a week or so. That's both and the free version looks like enough for us for the time being.

Asama works on both it seems and allows us to upload images. that comes in handy quite a lot.

dypinc

I tried Toodledo and found it usable, but internet access here is a problem at times and can't be trusted for day to day connectivity. So I went back and looked at the form custom ability in Quickbooks and found that to be a better process and without having to enter anything in twice. For us access the local network computers work ok, but yes smart phone access or tablet would have been a plus.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
if so what are you using
Been using Filemaker for decades. Consider keeping your data your data. Possible to serve inside the shop with a desktop machine using peer-to-peer up to 5 users or a server in the shop or from a cloud (yours or theirs) up to hundreds.

Attached image is from an iPad.

Attachments

• grabJobBoardExample.png
    grabJobBoardExample.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 384

dypinc

Good point on FIlemaker. Any workflow plus accounting package out their for Filemaker to avoid the entering things twice issue.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Good point on FIlemaker. Any workflow plus accounting package out their for Filemaker to avoid the entering things twice issue.
The standard workflow is to create all jobs in FM (or many other solutions) and then export just the few necessary field data to QuickBooks or Xero using a plugin.

So; Jobs with pricing in FM > Draft Invoice in FM > mgmt & sales agree the draft invoice is accurate to all expectations > Export to accounting for Final Invoice.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Take a look at Trello. I use it daily, and have ipad/iphone apps as well as the browser based version. I use the Kanban methodology to manage workflow and identify bottlenecks. I have tried Trello several times in the past, but got fully on board with it in the past 6 months and love it now.
https://getnave.com/blog/trello-kanban-boards/

freshlook

Been using Filemaker for decades. Consider keeping your data your data. Possible to serve inside the shop with a desktop machine using peer-to-peer up to 5 users or a server in the shop or from a cloud (yours or theirs) up to hundreds.

Attached image is from an iPad.
I tried to message you directly, but it didn't work. I am very interested in learning more about creating a custom Filemaker solution for myself. I've been working on it, but it seems like the process could be much more efficient.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I tried to message you directly, but it didn't work. I am very interested in learning more about creating a custom Filemaker solution for myself. I've been working on it, but it seems like the process could be much more efficient.
What could you use some help with, in particular? Are you familiar with any spreadsheet software at all? If so, that knowledge is a good springboard.

freshlook

What could you use some help with, in particular? Are you familiar with any spreadsheet software at all? If so, that knowledge is a good springboard.
I'm very familiar with Excel and Numbers. I have used Filemaker to do some basic things in the past but I think I'm making blunders and wasting time trying to build a database from scratch alone. I've looked at FM Starting Point, but it's still a bit overwhelming and generic. I think I could adapt an existing printing solution to suit my specific needs. It would be helpful at least to look "under the hood" of a working solution to understand how to structure the relationships. I know how to create calculations for individual aspects, but I want to make sure it all fits together efficiently. I don't mind working hard and independently, but it seems like I'm reinventing the wheel.
I don't have a traditional print shop. I design custom maps and posters on the side, print them with my wide format printer and laminate them with a manual cold roller. The demand is rising rapidly and I'm looking to streamline the process.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
It would be helpful at least to look "under the hood" of a working solution to understand how to structure the relationships.

Gotcha. Go to the link below and find...

Archived Learning Resources
FileMaker Training Series: Basic for FM15

Download for Mac
Download for Windows
Download iBook
FileMaker Training Series: Advanced for FM15

Download for Mac
Download for Windows
Download iBook
Download Activity Files for FTS: Advanced

https://www.filemaker.com/learning/archived-learning-resources.html

Any official "FTS" of any version is what you're looking for. Version 15 was the last FTS produced of the type. Get the files while they are still available. Included is a finished file you could begin using today.

Come back with any questions when you find the time.