• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

IP HELP.. Cannot connect the printer and the comp

82R909

I just installed my internet at my new shop... as in before I used to used wireless internet, and just pluged the crossover cable from printer to the computer. Now that I have my modem connected I need a regular enthernet cable to plug in to the router/modem correct?.... Also I am having a little trouble matching up the ip address. Please let me know I need to print a job tonight..

Thanks in Advance

Custom_Grafx

I just installed my internet at my new shop... as in before I used to used wireless internet, and just pluged the crossover cable from printer to the computer. Now that I have my modem connected I need a regular enthernet cable to plug in to the router/modem correct?.... Also I am having a little trouble matching up the ip address. Please let me know I need to print a job tonight..

Thanks in Advance

Correct - Im not sure if it's the same on all computers, but on mine, it's 10.0.0.250

InkjetAuction

Network settings...

OK... so this worked before you made the change right?

So you know what the address of the printer is... look at Printer Setting in VersaWorks. Write it down.

So what you now have is a multi-homed computer, meaning that it has multiple networks. No problem. This is a common configuration.

The steps will be a little different depending on your windows version.

Basically you want to change the Network Adapter settings for the "Local Area Connection". On Windows 7 you would go to Control Panels > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings

Select the Local Area Connection that you are using to connect to the printer. Right-click and choose "properties". Choose TCP/IPv4 and press properties.

Here we will set the IP address of this adapter to be one number off of what VersaWorks is expecting the printer to be. For example, if VersaWorks is looking for a printer at 192.168.1.50 then you will manually set the IP address for this adapter to be 192.168.1.49. Next set the subnet mask to be 255.255.255.0. Do not worry about the gateway... you can skip it. Apply the settings and exit.

That's it. You should still be able to surf using your wireless, and you should now see the printer in VersaWorks.

Still having issues? PM me and I will try to assist.

~E