• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question is a roland printer cutter more accurate on smaller jobs (cutting it's own job)

netsol

we sometimes do stickers/decals print cut jobs

as we are getting busier, my question is, will a job of small decals cut more accurately on the machine that printed it?

obviously if the job is 12" x12" stickers a little error will be within margin of error (and easier to compensate for)

but if i am doing a 4" x 6" or smaller, will i have problems, cutting on a different roland or my gerber odyssey ?

netsol

My assumption of accuracy would be based on the material returning to the origin point after printing.
So we avoid error of reloading. As a tech i know there are alignments that would eliminate scaling errors, between the two machines. These too, would be avoided.

Mr. Signboy

I’ve had 3 different Roland printer/cutters and none of them were ever able to stay accurate on decal jobs over 2-3’. If I had to make 200 decals I would have the break it up into several sections that stay under a couple feet. The size of the decal never mattered much, it was more about the overall size of the job. I could calibrate it a hundred times and it didn’t ever seem to get much better. I would highly recommend cutting decals on a Graphtec or another dedicated cutter, they’re going to be much more accurate. That said, I’ve made thousand of decals on a Roland, it can be done, it’s just slow going and wastes a lot more media.