• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is Flexi the only RIP for HP Printers?

FrankW

What a shame. Their software is my favorite and my go to daily design program. That alone would make me scratch HP off my list if I were in the market for printers.

You can use a basic rip from another vendor and continue using Signlab as your daily design program. Could be too that Cadlink have compatible drivers, but haven‘t let them certified intil now.

But: the main use of a printer is to print. A decision for a printer should be made on base of the use it offers for the target application ... compromizing because of the unavailability of drivers in favourite software is crazy.

Joe House

I have a customer using SignLab to drive their L365. It may not be certified, but it does the job. Also, I agree with Frank, don't pick your printer based on driver availability. At the very least, you could use Sign Lab to create your files and RIP it through the provided RIP (or a premium RIP if that gave you better print quality)

Jb1983

I don't like Flexi, and refuse to design in it. Ive been using Illustrator for the past 4 years and didn't want to change when I just recently purchased an Hp latex with Flexi Rip. I still design everything in Illustrator, then save as pdf, open in Flexi and just send it thru the rip, simple. For my print/cut jobs I add my contour cuts in Flexi, for this process Flexi is great, its a simple task and actually works better than how I did it with Illustrator and Finecut/rasterlink for mimaki.

This was one of my main worries, having to learn a new rip and print/cut method, but it literally took me a half a day and now I much prefer it for this task.

d fleming

You can use a basic rip from another vendor and continue using Signlab as your daily design program. Could be too that Cadlink have compatible drivers, but haven‘t let them certified intil now.

But: the main use of a printer is to print. A decision for a printer should be made on base of the use it offers for the target application ... compromizing because of the unavailability of drivers in favourite software is crazy.
Say hello to crazy, lol. As i said, IF I were in the market for a printer. I am not. Nor do I forsee me being in the market for another ever again. Just not an HP fan to begin with.