• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is Instant One Media The Only Seller That Offers Economical Cast Print Vinyl?

0igo

I've been looking all over the web hoping there are other companies that sell cast vinyl but i cannot find any. if any of you know of a supplier can you please let me know below? thank you.

0igo

what don't you like about instant one? other than their shipping costs.....
i love iom, its just i got 2 rolls and they are "plucking" up as soon as i lock them into my mutoh printer, causing head strikes during prints.

JBarraxSW

Economical and cast are words not often used together. You could try an ultra-calendared vinyl like PrismJET 230 Ultra or ORACAL 3551RA. It won't be as conformable as a cast film, but will be suitable for some wrap applications. And they'll both work in your MUTOH printer.

Johnny Best

cheap cast, oxymoron might be a term to use. The suggestion of Oracal 3551RA might be your best bet. Good luck with the plucking.

TDFcustomSL

Economical and cast are words not often used together. You could try an ultra-calendared vinyl like PrismJET 230 Ultra or ORACAL 3551RA. It won't be as conformable as a cast film, but will be suitable for some wrap applications. And they'll both work in your MUTOH printer.

General Formulations - Concept® 230 AutoMark™ Wrap Vinyl

Price point is probably around $350 for a 54"x150' roll.

Edit: this one is calendered, but it's conformable enough for wrapping vehicles.

PrismJet 230 and General Formulations Concept 230, are the same material. I ordered some PrismJet 230 when I got my printer and there was even a sticker on the inside of the core that said General Formulations :)

Kwiksigns

wookie
have used automark. it is good. BUT... all of what you are trying to do isn't really "cheaper"... For box trucks, yeah, it is great cause you can install a box truck fast anyway and it conforms to the rivets pretty good. but for a car or suv, unless you are really good at installing vinyl, it is going to be ALOT harder. My installer couldn't even install it in one piece. I could but he could not. We ended up having to reprint in very small panels. What I am saying is, the $200 you save in material, is probably going to cost you $200 in extra time doing the install... Same thing goes for removal of said material.