• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it legal to make android decals?

J

john1

Hey guys, I noticed that there is alot of hype about Android decals on a few phone forums. I see alot of guys making shirts and decals with the android robot on them but how legal is this?

Also, what if you were to replicate the android robot and have him let's say with ear phones on or giving the finger. Is this legal also?

I did come across this... http://www.android.com/branding.html

Thanks, Just something that's been wondering my my head.

Browner

^ no doubt.

"We get requests from lots of entrepreneurs who have imagined a new T-shirt design, a toy, software packaging, or another imaginative product that incorporates the Google logo or a Google product. Unfortunately, we cannot grant permission for these uses."

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Because we are passionate about protecting the reputation of our brands, we are very careful about how our "brand features" (a legal term that includes our trademarks, logos, web pages, screenshots, or other distinctive elements) are used. It is never OK for any of our brand features to be altered, edited or misrepresented.
right from the google permissions link on the android brand guidelines pages