• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it possible to reduce the number of printheads HP LATEX?

designtcd

Hello, I have had an HP Latex 360 for 6 months now, bought second-hand. Suddenly the black color left the lines it happened, when I finished printing 5m2, immediately after that I released the new 5m2 it happened that the black color leaves the lines and until a few minutes ago everything was fine. I did the cleaning and did the Test plot, and only the black color doesn't come out of that head, and it has 2 black / blue heads. I took out that head and did a manual cleaning with distilled water, I did it a couple of times, and I got 80% - 90% nozzles, but the lines are still visible on the print.

Now I am interested as the HP Latex 360 has 6 heads
1 OP
2 C / K
2 Y / M
1 LC / LM

Is it possible to make it work on only 4 heads:
1 OP
1 C / K
1 Y / M
1 LC / LM

Thanks

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
nope. all of them are used. in fact, if one goes out, you might as well be prepared to replace all of them. i had faulty print jobs and when i replaced one print head, i ended up replacing them all. prints perfectly after replacing all of them.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So, what would happen if you block the 2 'extra' printheads with some tape, and run everything at 20 passes? Would you have very narrow, but frequent banding?
It would probably look like banding crap that's missing half of the density.

Ezek0

So, what would happen if you block the 2 'extra' printheads with some tape, and run everything at 20 passes? Would you have very narrow, but frequent banding?
It will not work and most probably result in ink spilling everywhere. Not a good idea.