• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is My Print Head Going Bad?

Robert M

That head

I am with Artbot. check that the pump is pulling down from the cap. Fill the cyan cap with cleaning fluid and cycle the pump. watch to see if it pulls it into the waste bottle. Next do a clean and see if cyan is pulled down. if cyan does not come down you may need to replace the capping assy.

Pump 63.50
Capping assy 3 head printer 134.00, 4 head model 173.00

In stock at www.solventinkjet.com

iarensbak

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we did the "Nozzle Wash" and all seems good for now. I will definitely keep an eye on it to see if it happens again in the future, but all is well right now... knock on wood :) Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions!

tbaker

one of the most important things to remember is, printers need to print. The more you print, the better off your heads will be. Your cleaning solution is very similar to your ink, the primary difference is, the cleaner lacks the pigmentation the ink has ( there are other differences, but seriously it's not that much) Print every day, even if it's nothing more then 6"x6" blocks of your 4 basic colors. This keeps fluid going through your heads, and keeps the jets free.

next thing to remember is daily maintenance, it's called daily, because honestly without doing it daily, you'll waste a day trying to get your printer to run properly again. Take all your q-tips, and throw them away, loose cotton fibers become attached to the bottom of the carriage assembly and (can) drag across your prints, ruining any quality output. Either use a soft lint free cloth, or foam swabs available from multiple vendors. Clean your cap station daily. Personally in all the years I ran a JV3, I did a nozzle wash almost every single day, for a minimum of 5 minutes, but typically about 30. Walked in the door, grabbed a cup of coffee, did a nozzle wash, started the paperwork, continued with the day. Your heads can never be TOO clean.

Last things, make sure your wiper is clean and replace it as necessary, if it becomes worn, it won't wipe the bottom of your head, leaving residual ink on it, and finally your capping station is considered a consumable. The rubber caps will wear with age, if unused they can become brittle, if over used, they get worn down. The cap station needs to be replaced from time to time, for a couple hundred bucks, it saves a bunch of time and increases print quality.

If you send me a message I might be able to get you in touch with a service tech in your area.

Hope this helps, and that the wall of text didn't kill you.