• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is the Gerber GS 15 (Not Plus) Tangental mode Only?

Jburns

Thank you. I just picked up a used one today.

Also for the life of me can't locate a user manual. - If you have a link or a copy, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Hielorojo

Yes, it is only tangetial mode and I have the same "problem" that you, I can not get
the manual but I think gs15 plus manual is good for our model.
Regards.

Jburns

Ok thank you.

So do you know what that button does next to the reset button? its a hidden one without markings.- kind of like the test print button on the Gerber Edge.

Tel

We use a GS15plus and it has given amazing service over many many years, I am not sure but I think all Gs15 are tangential and that the swivel only knife version was actually called the GSX15, anyway I have the same manual as shown above can't help you with the hidden button, remember to oil every six months as per page 51 service and maintenace. As it says don't get oil on the belt, I did (lots of oil) and had to change a belt, not difficult but hard to source. Use 3 in 1 oil or sewing machine oil.
I have changed the belt on mine and done several minor repairs the machine is basically bulletproof. good luck
Tel

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
Just a thought here. With the GS-15. You can send a job to the plotter in either "Cut Plot" or "Pen Plot". So if you had a swivel blade, just use pen plot.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Just a thought here. With the GS-15. You can send a job to the plotter in either "Cut Plot" or "Pen Plot". So if you had a swivel blade, just use pen plot.

Depending on your drag knife offset, this may or may not work. The telltale corner issues will be evident if the offset is too far off center.

We've used a drag knife with our GS using SignLab for a couple of years now. SignLab allows you to check a swivel knife setting in the setup menu, and it allows you to set the offset manually.

JB

Tel

The pen mode does not allow for the offset of the blade so I don't think that would work.
regards
Tel

niksagkram

Ok thank you.

So do you know what that button does next to the reset button? its a hidden one without markings.- kind of like the test print button on the Gerber Edge.

Gerber probably used the same face plate for the GS15 and the GSX15plus. On our 15plus the button is there and marked "INIT KNIFE". Never used that button, so not sure what its for. :)

Mark

Jase

Any GS manual will do for basic maintenance etc. As it only works in Tangential you can ignore the swivel elemnet. We've had one of these for years and use it for basic vinyl tangential work now as our slow button has stopped working :( hence no Edge work but it's still very useful for the odd job.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Gerber probably used the same face plate for the GS15 and the GSX15plus. On our 15plus the button is there and marked "INIT KNIFE". Never used that button, so not sure what its for. :)Mark

Initializing the (drag) knife orients the blade in such a way that the plotter "knows" where to set the knife down for its first cut. It makes a couple of small straight line cuts to get the blade situated correctly.

JB