• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a 24" printer that uses the outdoor inks

signdesign

I would like to get a printer no bigger than 24" that uses the ecosolvent inks for outdoor use. I cannot locate one is there one out there or is just the bigger sizes for the bigger price tag.
Any one
Thanks
Karen

Barry

signdesign said:
I would like to get a printer no bigger than 24" that uses the ecosolvent inks for outdoor use. I cannot locate one is there one out there or is just the bigger sizes for the bigger price tag.
Any one
Thanks
Karen
Im not aware of an inkjet model that is 24 inches. The closest thing is the 30 inch Versacamm for about $15,000. I believe there are a few thermal printers at 24 inches though.

gvozden

You can try with MUTOH 38`ecosolvent ROCKHOPER it`s cheapest,about 7500 euros. Better than most inkjets, run about 7mil/sq meter

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You're not paying that much extra for the width. You're paying for the printing and cutting mechanisms, the basic manufacturing and the technology that makes it all work.

Have you considered the 30"+ Mutoh Jr. for under $10,000? That get's you the printer. The matching cutter adds about $2500.

SteadyBenny

Just no such thing as FREE LUNCH. This is an expensive biz to get into. No way around that.
Even 20 or so cans of 1-Shot will set you back a nice chunk of change, and you have the skills and experience to back that up.
It also doesn't mean that you need the solvent printer... there's something called outsourcing... I do it all the time. I can do pretty much everything. I only own a 24" Graphtec plotter. I have a source for everything else. If I had the customers (and cash flow) I'd plunk down $30,000 for a solvent printer without a second thought. I question the wisdom of spending $15,000 for even an entry level machine without an established customer base or a second thought.
Too many people think, "buy the equipment, the customers will beat a path to my door" Where I come from, there's a word for that sort of thinking, "bankrupt".