• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Is there a perforated channel letter coil available?

KSTrooper

Wrapper, designer, illustrator
Hey all, been a while. We have a customer who wants a channel letter with a lighted return. I know I've seen a few examples here and there of perforated metal returns on channel letters - does anyone know if there is a coil available for that? We make all our letters in-house, we have an SDS Channel Bender XP.

Ryze Signs

I'm not sure what model SDS you have, but ours can punch a pattern for perforated returns. You can draw your desired hole pattern then it does the rest.

JBurton

Signtologist
I'm not sure what model SDS you have, but ours can punch a pattern for perforated returns. You can draw your desired hole pattern then it does the rest.
I'm curious, is this punching the tiny .040 diameter holes akin to perf vinyl? I can't imagine that being a profitable process vs buying perforated coil...

Ryze Signs

I'm curious, is this punching the tiny .040 diameter holes akin to perf vinyl? I can't imagine that being a profitable process vs buying perforated coil...
It punches 1/4 inch or 1/8 holes. Yes I buy coils of perforated for large projects, but for small ones it makes more sense to punch them on the machine.