• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a trick to getting Soljets print all panels the same length?

Bly

We're having issues with tiled jobs printing the panel different lengths.
Our HP latex printers are quite accurate but Arlon DPF8000 makes a mess in them.

niksagkram

Hi. Just to be clear, you are tiling the job in Versaworks? If so you can change the width or height of the panels right in Versaworks, and the number of panels also.

Or, are you saying that your printer is printing a different size to what you see in Versaworks? I print a lot of paneled jobs and have never had this issue, sorry.

Mark

Bly

Onyx. A job split into say 5 panels - each will print slightly different lengths.
Up to 10mm difference over a 3m length.
If there are elements that need to align - like text - this presents a problem for installers.

Bly

Thanks guys.
It's a quite thick polymeric vinyl.
Perhaps the weight of the roll has something to do with it.

Bly

I rang my tech and he said to unload the roll as it goes through so will give that a shot next time.
Trouble was the last job was a "print overnight to get it done in time" special.

Bly

So spooling it off the roll didn't work - all panels were different sizes again.

Has anyone found a way to print DFP 8000 in an HP latex without ruining the printer?

bloobird0

DPF8000 shrinks a lot and differently depending on heat and ink coverage. That's the reason why you don't get the same panel size, it's due to the vinyl, not your printer settings.