• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there an add-on for the CX-500 to read registration marks

EndlessOptions

I did a large monument sign for a body shop and as part of the payment they gave me a Roland CX-500 they had set it up but never figured out how to use it so I ended up with it. I can use a 48" cutter to go along with my Mutoh Falcon Outdoor but I need one that will contour cut and I don't see where this one will.
If I can't get it to contour cut I will probably sell it and buy a Graphtec CE-5000 I am currently using a Graphtec FC-5100 75 and love it.
So my question is does anybody know if I can make this Roland work for me?

EndlessOptions

http://www.rolanddga.com/asd/products/cutters/GXPRO/
go to features, and read.............................

Been there! The link that you sent if for the GX and not the CX there is a difference in the features.
Since the GX does have it I am wondering if there is an update or way to upgrade the CX version.
I have emailed through Rolands customer support twice for an answer to that question and they have not responded back.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I did a large monument sign for a body shop and as part of the payment they gave me a Roland CX-500 they had set it up but never figured out how to use it so I ended up with it. I can use a 48" cutter to go along with my Mutoh Falcon Outdoor but I need one that will contour cut and I don't see where this one will.
If I can't get it to contour cut I will probably sell it and buy a Graphtec CE-5000 I am currently using a Graphtec FC-5100 75 and love it.
So my question is does anybody know if I can make this Roland work for me?

People were doing contour cutting long before plotters featured any sort of automatic mark recognition. Since you're using Flexi, merely print 4 manual marks and either buy a light pointer pen or simply eyeball the blade tip when you register a print for contour cutting. Once you get the hang of it it's just as fast and accurate as any other way.

OldPaint

THE ONLY DIFF BETWEEN A CX & GX............is the year it was made........i got the book for a CX 300,400,500.
if you look at rolands site, you can find info for the CX machines as LEGACY CUTTERS.

mediaman

GX has an optical eye to read registration marks and the CX does not.
bob nailed it - line up the blade tip with the "L" mark next to the first registration mark and go. Practice a few times and you'll be all set.