• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there any one man shop making around 500k$ in annual sayles

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Texas_Signmaker
Question; Do you have an alternate contact you provide your customers in the event you are unavailable? Anyone, a family member, an associate, anyone who is responsible enough to take a message and make sure you receive it in a timely manner?

ikarasu

With so many wholesalers the broker method works better than a brick and mortar store.

I work with a broker and she does about 60k through me every year... Out of my garage. About 45-50 of that is Proffitt for me after materials and machine wear and tear (I'm not counting time or electricity or rent since it's in my home). I do maybe an hour of work a day, if that.

Her clients love her because she can do it all... Not doing stuff in house allows her to find multiple vendors, and if I'm too busy to do something.. she can ask one of 5 others to do it and still make really quick turn arounds.

I've done wraps for universities... To wayfinding projects for the government through her.

I doubt her customers mind that she's a broker, she straight up tells everyone.. and she still beats the price of most shops by 10-20% while giving faster turn arounds.

It's win win. I hate dealing with customers... This way customers get brought to me and I don't have to deal with them!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Texas_Signmaker
Question; Do you have an alternate contact you provide your customers in the event you are unavailable? Anyone, a family member, an associate, anyone who is responsible enough to take a message and make sure you receive it in a timely manner?
No, I always answer my phone and am available, even on the toilet. On a very rare occasion I don't answer voicemail is sufficient.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
With so many wholesalers the broker method works better than a brick and mortar store.

I work with a broker and she does about 60k through me every year... Out of my garage. About 45-50 of that is Proffitt for me after materials and machine wear and tear (I'm not counting time or electricity or rent since it's in my home). I do maybe an hour of work a day, if that.

Her clients love her because she can do it all... Not doing stuff in house allows her to find multiple vendors, and if I'm too busy to do something.. she can ask one of 5 others to do it and still make really quick turn arounds.

I've done wraps for universities... To wayfinding projects for the government through her.

I doubt her customers mind that she's a broker, she straight up tells everyone.. and she still beats the price of most shops by 10-20% while giving faster turn arounds.

It's win win. I hate dealing with customers... This way customers get brought to me and I don't have to deal with them!
There is one company locally that I have spend hundreds of thousands with.. sometimes I feel like I'm their salesman.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm sure when I expire...my fabricators would figure it out and make a move to take over the account...and my wife will take the life insurance payout and find a pool boy with big cock. I bet within a few weeks everyone will be settled into their new lives. Texassignmaker who?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What.jpg

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I think he means, to the sign shop owner, it's not his responsibility to have a backup plan for his customer.
Oftentimes a client is looking for a certain product of a certain quality that happens to be produced by a certain machine. That’s the reason a sign shop discloses their equipment list on their website. It’s the reason a savvy buyer wants to know the shop’s contingency plan for when that key equipment is temporarily unavailable to meet the deadline or quality. The answer is to have more than a single machine or to have a strategic alliance with a source who can provide the same schedule and quality.

This is basic qualifications for making preferred vendor lists and B.P.O. inquiries.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Oftentimes a client is looking for a certain product of a certain quality that happens to be produced by a certain machine. That’s the reason a sign shop discloses their equipment list on their website. It’s the reason a savvy buyer wants to know the shop’s contingency plan for when that key equipment is temporarily unavailable to meet the deadline or quality. The answer is to have more than a single machine or to have a strategic alliance with a source who can provide the same schedule and quality.

This is basic qualifications for making preferred vendor lists and B.P.O. inquiries.
You're over thinking the importance of signs, businesses, equipment and people. Everyone and everything can be replaced. No customers ask for your financial records and bank balances. You can have the best crap in the world and go bankrupt tomorrow. None of this matters. Whoever told you that it does was selling you a bag of shit.
People put stuff in the public eye to brag. It may matter a bit but not to the level you think it does.