• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there any solvent printable adhesive backed paper?

Goatshaver

I've had several people ask me about adhesive paper. Is there any that can be printed with on solvent based machine?

I've had several people ask me about adhesive paper. Is there any that can be printed with on solvent based machine?

We get asked this question from time to time, as well, but I think it's generally because people want a cheaper option than vinyl. Judging by the price of the Roland paper, it would still be much more economical to print on calendered vinyl.

SE SignSupply

Paper labels have their place. Our customers often use them for food packaging labels. The Roland material also works well for labels that need to stick to cardboard or other surfaces that vinyl typically curls back from when printed full bleed.

Goatshaver

We get asked this question from time to time, as well, but I think it's generally because people want a cheaper option than vinyl. Judging by the price of the Roland paper, it would still be much more economical to print on calendered vinyl.
Yeah we've done vinyl but they need to be sealed with the label and then be able to break the seal fairly easily. Vinyl doesn't tear that great.

Goatshaver

Paper labels have their place. Our customers often use them for food packaging labels. The Roland material also works well for labels that need to stick to cardboard or other surfaces that vinyl typically curls back from when printed full bleed.

Yeah this is for packaging products so I'm guessing it's be a better option even if it's a little bit more money.

I wish I could do small perforations for packaging on this but it's just not possible and I need to find an option that will make it easier and paper seems to be the way to go.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We've used the Roland adhesive paper and it prints, cuts, and weeds great. Quite pricey for what it is but when you need paper it gets the job done and does tear as expected.

We went through this with a customer a while back and they needed a label that would tear (think tamper label) when a container was opened. I tried using a calendered vinyl and adding a small jagged cutline in the middle to help with the breaking but we ended up going with paper. The jagged cutline took forever to cut them on the plotter and wasn't feasible in the end. Of course after a couple of years we redesigned the label anyways!