• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this a good deal?

Tony Vega

I've been offered a 30" Ioline Studio 8 cutter fo $500. It looks and works great as I have seen it first hand. My question, is this a good deal and what software would be recomended that wont break the bank. Im only using this machine for small general lettering and our Stika just wont get the job done so its time for an upgrade. It comes with an older version of Casmate but I dont know which version or if it is still has a valid key. It's this or a Summagrahics D60 SE which I know will cost alot more in the long run once I add software. Thanks for the help from a noobie.

Bill Preston

On the face of it, it sounds like a pretty good deal.

I have been using an Ioline Classic 24 inch for over 9 years, and it has never let me down.

If this is a fairly late model it may be such a thing as that it will cut from Corel directly. Mine will not, at least not without a bridge program.

My own software is Signlab 5. Good program, but it is said that it is no longer supported.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

bill preston

Tony Vega

Thank you Bill for your response. I see replacement blades for sale all over the web but havent been able to find sources for other replacement parts such as cutting strips. Any suggestions?

Bill Preston

Tony, most any sign supplier should be able to get the cutting strips---also known as platen tape, or pincushion tape. You should also be able to get it direct from Ioline. The roll has enough to do my 24 incher, about two times with a little left over.

Replacement parts I am not so sure about a source---so far, I haven't needed any.

bill preston