• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ISA or SGIA

Sidney

Even though I have been in the Sign Industry for 25 years and have attended Sign Expos and Conventions, I would like to know if anyone has any input on ISA vs SGIA? Example: What are the benefits of one over the other? Is your sign business apart of any of the two, or both? What are some business experiences you encountered etc. Thank you in advance, Sidney L Muniz.

solock

having attended all the shows over the years(pma, isa, sgia,ussc, graphexpo , ISA is more on target for the current and near future needs for a full service sign shop.
SGIA may be appropriate for a business that crosses over to garments or other near orbit printing industries that are not necessarily classic signs.

It appears to me that ISA is to the sign industry as PMA was to the photo industry. More targeted and better grade of vendors and their better reps

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
ISA seems to have a lot of LED and video and SGIA has Garment. Other than that there is a lot of crossover. Most of the important vendors go to both shows. I would go to which ever is more convenient or mini vacation destination (they're usually on the opposite sides of the country in a given year). ISA will be in Vegas and SGIA will be in New Orleans in 2017.

Sidney

Thank you for the input. What you both have stated seems to be consistent on other sites and blogs. We would appreciate other input...thank you:) Sidney L Muniz

visual800

Do not put your real email or phone number on your nametag, they will aggravate you to no end contacting you