• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ISO 13-inch color printer for posters, 100-200 a week

Scooby Doo

Hello! I have a small business selling posters, approx. 11x17 or 13x19. I'm looking for a desktop printer that's reliable enough to print 100-200 posters a week and hopefully last at least a year. I'm looking at the Epson SureColor P700 13-Inch Photo Printer, which looks very good; but somehow I need to find out at least a ballpark figure as to how much money I'll spend on ink per poster. I asked Epson but they could not even say if it might be $1 or $10. Can anyone tell me a) what printers would work well for me and b) a ballpark figure for the cost per poster? My budget for a printer is ideally below $1000, mainly because I've been reading about how fast they can break down. Thanks! EDIT Pauly suggests a Canon IPF; could I ask the same questions about the Canon imagePROGRAF TA-20?

Last edited:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You're looking at the wrong printer.
The P700 is not built to turn over 100 posters a week. That's a consumer grade machine.

You probably need a canon IPF or something like that.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Yep, P700 is a toy, and ink costs would kill you. P5000 is Epson's small big printer, and designed for 100 prints per week.
I don't believe that Canon make a small big printer that will handle cust sheet well.
Ink cart size is usually an indicator of production volume.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yep, P700 is a toy, and ink costs would kill you. P5000 is Epson's small big printer, and designed for 100 prints per week.
I don't believe that Canon make a small big printer that will handle cust sheet well.
Ink cart size is usually an indicator of production volume.
That's still a toy. They're for photographers, artists selling prints "inhouse"

OP needs something like a Canon ImagePROGRAF iPF PRO-2100 24"

zspace

Premium Subscriber
As a point of comparison, ink for an HP Latex printer is $100-125 per liter. ink costs run between .12 and .20 per square foot depending on media and coverage.

Ink for the Eason P5000 is $400-500 per liter. That could put your ink costs in the .48 to .80 per square foot range.