• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ISO this vinyl

dirt23

Looking for this blue vinyl looks like a blue holographic with ice crystals in the background?? Sent the photo to all my suppliers and they have no idea what it is..help

Attachments

• coastal_3_m.jpg
    coastal_3_m.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 234

MikePro

possible they took something like an Avery100 Specialty "Kaleidoscope" holographic film and overlaid/printed a blue-tinted layer?
Rtape VinylEfx has some cool blue-prismatic vinyls, but your pattern looks a bit larger than their metal-flake versions.

Are you sure its not just a digitally printed texture or fill? Its hard to tell in this picture but it may be all printed on plain or reflective vinyl. The only way to know would be to look at it in person and see if the pattern reflects light differently based on the angle you are looking at it.

dirt23

Nope that is just regular 2x2 lens. I called the company on the truck and asked them who did it, they said Flinner signs in Pennsylvania tried calling them and email but no response for a month..

If you can get us a better picture we may be able to find it, but right now all we can do is throw out guesses because the pattern in the vinyl is not very clear in this picture.

I just went to the sign company's website and pulled up the pictures of this truck. Zoom in as close as you can and look at the "T" in Coastal. You can see the square break in the pattern that looks just like the R Tape multi lens I posted. I'm 99% sure that is it.

Here is a better picture of a different truck that shows the pattern:

http://www.flinnersigns.com/photos/2007/comm/coastal.jpg

They do some great work for sure. I would like to know if they are printing on the vinyl or layering it. Some of the colors are very opaque and don't have any of the pattern showing through, but some are transparent. I can get that effect using my Edge... but not at that size. I wonder if they are Signs101 members?

dirt23

I stood beside the truck at a gas station and it is layered, and yes flinner does Amazing work. I'll check out kaleidoscope. I just want that on my own racecar lol

149motorsports

I know its a old topic. Flinner actually gets a company out of the east coast to make this stuff CUSTOM. You wont be able to buy it. I forget what he says it costs like $600 a roll or something crazy. I want to know what they do to it to make it last outdoors for many years.