• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue with Flexi 7.5

VinylCutter

Hi guys,

I have been using Flexi 7.5 with a GCC Jaguar plotter for about 2 years now.

Suddenly from yesterday, whenever i beizer an image in flexi, the border is getting distorted. Dont understand why.

I am using good resolution jpeg images as i always used to. My production has stopped because of this. Need urgent help.

Sankalp

VinylCutter

I am sorry but cant attach screenshot. The factory is in some village in India where my colleagues are trying to find a solution. Its just that the border is getting distorted. IT is cutting square-like shapes instead of a fine outline.

CS-SignSupply

These can be referred to as "jaggies"...

What resolution is the image? Can you attach a copy of the image you are tracing?

VinylCutter

This is 1 file i am trying to cut. We have been working with the same designer for some time now and according to him this is how he gives the files to us.

Attachments

• E-001 Ganesha-wall-decal vector.jpg
    E-001 Ganesha-wall-decal vector.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 120

VinylCutter

We tried re-installing the Flexi. And the error that we get now is 'Hardware key not installed'. The Jaguar personnel has given us a DVD for Flexi set up. We copied the contents into a folder on our computer and are trying to install.

CS-SignSupply

In Flexi, click on the HELP Menu and then click on ABOUT... What is the number next to 'Licensed to' or 'User Number' ?

FrankW

You should need to install the dongle driver separately. Depending on what dongle you use you need to download the driver, for the mostly used Hasp4-USB-Dongle you need do download it from www.safenet-inc.com.

VinylCutter

Hi Bobby

No I don't think this is an issue with the key. What I did was I installed 8.1 on a different system and all worked fine. Now when I install 8.1 on the same system, again its the same issue. I think this is an issue related to that computer. What system specific issue can it be? I recently installed a new RAM. If that makes a difference.

Pat,

Yes, all images on decal websites are 'artistic'.

FrankW

It could be that for some reasons the dongle driver won't be installed with the software installation. Try to re-install the dongle driver. If you have a dongle which works with Flexi 7 and 8 it will be a safenet sentinel-dongle. You could find the driver download on the website I have posted the link to above too.

VinylCutter

@PAt

Relax dude. There is no 'country' issue here. 'Artistic' is in a sarcastic sense as was 'artist' by you.

Well, if you may please try to help me with my problem here. Is it possible that image outline gets distorted in Flexi 8.1 on one computer and the same works fine on another. I am facing this weird issue.

FrankW

itcould be that the settings of vectorizing are different, specially Resolution and Tolerance.