• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue with HP360 and Flexi Production Manager

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Although we don't use Flexi for design or sending files to print we do use the Flexi Print Production Manager to set prints up. Sometimes a print will pause/stop and won't continue until you wiggle the mouse. Win7 with no screensaver set.
Anyone else experienced this? Maybe a mouse driver issue?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's a little confusing how you described how you use Flexi. So you setup the file in the production manager and then, somehow print from Flexi to another software package? I didn't think that was possible. Either way, you might want to check your power settings. Most pieces of hardware can have a different sleep mode now. So your hard drive, USBs, Ethernet and monitor could all have different power saving settings.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
How we use Flexi Print Production Manager

Open CorelDraw file using workstaion 1, export to Flexi Print Production Manager hot folder on RIP Station located in another area of the building. Print tech manages all print jobs from there.

I too, believe it has something to do with power settings. Our print tech is also our PC/Network guru and hasn't been able to track down the cause of the odd behavior.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Ok that makes sense now. That is odd. Maybe there was an OS update recently or even a Flexi update that glitched something out. You could always try re-installing but obviously that can be a time drain.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Sounds to me like you have power management settings set to sleep or hibernate after a certain amount of time (probably the hard drive). Turn all of those settings to OFF for any RIP station.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Are you saying it's pausing during the middle of printing or in between jobs?

The way I understand it after talking again to the tech is that it's in between jobs. He sends one and as it's printing sends another and goes to lunch. It pauses after the first print and doesn't continue to the next print. Says it rips but will not continue unless you move the mouse.

ericm

I thought it was only me ....... I was always wondering the same thing why this happens drives me nuts