• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue with summa s2t160 tangential blade holder

sunhochoi

Doing some routine maintenance and first time changing out the tangential blade. Turned off the machine, tried to twist open the tangential blade holder from the shaft. However it was not budging. Tool two pliers (one to hold the bottom and one to turn the top of the blade holder )and it started to turn. However then a pin out out and the top half (black part) of the holder came off leaving the metal part of the holder still in the shaft. Tried to get it out w/ pliers but would not move at all. Anyone else experience this?

Bly

That sounds weird.
I mean you screw the blade in or out to set the depth.
Were you able to do that?
To replace the knife you just screw the piece out as if to raise the blade and keep going until it comes right out.

sunhochoi

For the tangential blade the holder comes out and the you make adjustments. Just that the holder itself is stuck and i can seems to get it out.

Bly

We have one. With ours you simply screw the knife holder out.
Maybe a photo would help.