• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It happened . . .

jayhawksigns

You know when stroll into the print room to check on your latest creation coming out of the printer. Admiring your work and thinking that's another job well done and then your eyes get drawn to something. One little word, missing one little letter. What follows most likely isn't appropriate to share, and then you walk away in shame for not pressing F7 before sending the job.

Darn it. It was something for our front area, and luckily nothing too big, but man, haven't done that in a while.

copythat

How many times has that happen to you? This is my 40th year in printing and 16 year in wide format. And I still make those mistakes. And why does it seems that it occurs mostly at the end of a run. All I think about is the INK - MEDIA & TIME just wasted. Glad I raise my prices 3-6% a year. To cover those loses.

Last edited:

shoresigns

If it makes you feel better one of our printers just screwed up a third attempt at printing a damn 12' banner. Every single time, stops printing 11' in, no matter what I do.

Not sure what printer you're running, but I seem to recall having this issue crop up once or twice before on our Roland. I think it was a problem with the file because we eventually fixed it by exporting a new production file and re-ripping.

bannertime

Not sure what printer you're running, but I seem to recall having this issue crop up once or twice before on our Roland. I think it was a problem with the file because we eventually fixed it by exporting a new production file and re-ripping.

Either that or typically for me, it's that the RIP split the file because it had the wrong media dimensions.

mmblarg

Least you caught it before it walked out the door! Had a loyal customer come back wanting to replace his old vinyl store front sign, no changes, just a reprint. We look at the file we have in our system and go white because a worker who's long gone misspelled "Protection" as "Protectoin" and that masterpiece was up for 10+ years...