• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Its a bitter-sweet feeling

showcase 66

Was just dropping off some signs and I noticed that the one shirt place here in town's sign was down. Cars were in front of the building so I stopped in. I have known them for about 15 years. They just moved into this space about 5 or 6 months ago and they are closing up shop. I used to use them all the time for my shirts and would send them shirt business. There son decided to get into signs and so the referrals from them stopped. The worse part is that they had to move into this new location because the other property was sold/foreclosed out from under them. They were in that location for 12 years and was doing really well. Once they moved it seems like it all went downhill.

In a way I am glad they are done so I dont have to lose jobs to them anymore, but at the same time, it sucks to see another small business get shut down.

tcorn1965

Was just dropping off some signs and I noticed that the one shirt place here in town's sign was down. Cars were in front of the building so I stopped in. I have known them for about 15 years. They just moved into this space about 5 or 6 months ago and they are closing up shop. I used to use them all the time for my shirts and would send them shirt business. There son decided to get into signs and so the referrals from them stopped. The worse part is that they had to move into this new location because the other property was sold/foreclosed out from under them. They were in that location for 12 years and was doing really well. Once they moved it seems like it all went downhill.

In a way I am glad they are done so I dont have to lose jobs to them anymore, but at the same time, it sucks to see another small business get shut down.

Do you know if they have any DTG printers for sale?

Terry

Fitch

12 years versus 6 months. HA !!!!!!

The grass is always not greener on the other side.

Should have stuck with what was making them money instead of seeing signs as a way of making a fortune in a hurry.

Wish 50% of those in the sign game with the same approach would also "shut shop" and leave those who love the industry make a half decent living again.

I don't feel sorry for them. You make your bed....

Cheers - G

Last edited:

showcase 66

Do you know if they have any DTG printers for sale?

Terry

They had 3 of them. One was brand new still in the crate. Kept asking me if I wanted it but of course they wanted what they paid for it. I am going to stop by there again tomorrow. I am letting them use my trailer and they are giving me some tables. They had a roland 54 inch that they already got rid of.

12 years versus 6 months. HA !!!!!!

The grass is always not greener on the other side.

Should have stuck with what was making them money instead of seeing signs as a way of making a fortune in a hurry.

Wish 50% of those in the sign game with the same approach would also "shut shop" and leave those who love the industry make a half decent living again.

I don't feel sorry for them. You make your bed....

Cheers - G

They were mainly doing shirts. The signs (mostly car decals) was just done by there son who used their shop. I believe if they wouldnt have had to move out of the other building they would still be going strong. I think the biggest problem they had was that they didnt let people know they had moved. Just moved in the new spot.

tcorn1965

They had 3 of them. One was brand new still in the crate. Kept asking me if I wanted it but of course they wanted what they paid for it. I am going to stop by there again tomorrow. I am letting them use my trailer and they are giving me some tables. They had a roland 54 inch that they already got rid of.

They were mainly doing shirts. The signs (mostly car decals) was just done by there son who used their shop. I believe if they wouldnt have had to move out of the other building they would still be going strong. I think the biggest problem they had was that they didnt let people know they had moved. Just moved in the new spot.

CSDD, if they have any T-Jets or Kornit Direct to Garment printers...I may be interested...If you don't mind asking them when you bring them your trailer, that would be great.
Thanks,
Terry

TheSnowman

Yea, that's bitter sweet...but I think more sweet than bitter. There's several places that did clothing printing here, and they all decided to get into signs. I wouldn't be sad in the least to see them tank, because they do everything for free for every single organization ever...it's so annoying. You can't compete with free.