• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jeep wrangler font

ironchef

Hey guys, i have the smart logos, but it only has the jeep logo, anyone have the font name or vector art of the word wrangler?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you are doing work for a client who is authorized to display the logo, they can and should supply you with an authorized version. If you are doing work for a client who is not authorized to display the logo, you could find yourself in a pile of legal problems if you do the job.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Oh i see. I thought since i had the jeep logo in my smart logos software. It would be all good

If you read the EULA from Digital Art Solutions and the other accompanying information you will become aware that their logo collection is a convenience item and does not grant you the permission needed to use any of the logos in the collection. That permission must always come from the actual owner of each mark.

In fact, if you look at the various collections offered on their site HERE, you will find that their logo collection isn't even displayed. One reason is that they don't want to make it easy for the trademark owners and their attorneys to find the collection.

In case you're wondering how I know what I've posted, my company published one of the first logo collections for the sign industry back in 1993. We did very well with it but we didn't understand the laws governing such products. We ultimately found ourselves in a lot of trouble and at the mercy of an attorney for one of the mark owners.

That collection was withdrawn from the market, but not before it was republished with new logos added by Digital Art Solutions (previously known as Smart Designs) as well as OCA Enterprises which was owned by the former sales manager of Smart Designs.

These days, the largest logo collection in the world is available for free at BrandsoftheWorld.com. Before they will allow you to download anything though, you must agree to the following:

Downloading this artwork you agree to the following:

The above logo design and the artwork you are about to download is the intellectual property of the copyright and/or trademark holder and is offered to you as a convenience for lawful use with proper permission from the copyright and/or trademark holder only. You hereby agree that you agree to the Terms of Use and that the artwork you download will be used for non-commercial use without infringing on the rights of the copyright and/or trademark holder and in compliance with the DMCA act of 1998. Before you use or reproduce this artwork in any manner, you agree to obtain the express permission of the copyright and/or trademark holder. Failure to obtain such permission is a violation of international copyright and trademark laws subject to specific financial and criminal penalties.

Mosh

Around here the NCAA cracked down on several shops for making Huskers decals without
permission to use the tradmarked logo. I am guilty that I used to do it all the time, I figured who is going to bust us out here in nebraska. Well 3 shops in Lincoln got sued and had to pay some retrobution $$$.

ironchef

I've always been careful as to what logos i design. But thinking this software was legit. And now its not is not cool. How was i supposed to find out? Our sign suppliers sold it to us years ago. No word from them either. At least you guys were clear. I give it up to signs101. I've learned alot since joining.