• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jets out on HP/FB700

cwb143

Does anyone know other ways to clear up jets on the Fb700? The only
options i have are Air purge Standard or Performance. I've ran this
till i'm blue in the face and no progress. I've manually compensated for the
bad jets for now. but since there are 52 jets out thats too many to try to compensate
for. I still get banding. I can't go up in quality mode. I have too many sheets to print.
There is no solvent on this machine so you can run solvent through the lines kinda sucks.
I wished I could hook a syringe up to these heads but they are different than heads
I've dealt with in the past. So if any of you have an idea how to clean these heads
up I'd appreciate it. HP calls its purge an Air Purge shouldn't it be an ink purge?
I don't want air going through my heads I want ink or solvent but it just doesn't make
sense. I'm disappointed in the lack of information/documentation on the printer and limited access to
the inter workings of the printer.

If your wondering why I have 52 jets out its because we had some warped material go through it
and the heads collided into it. and 11 jets just mysteriously went out with no head strikes.
Thank you for reading this rant.

gritsonis

bad jets for now. but since there are 52 jets out thats too many to try to compensate
for. I still get banding. I can't go up in quality mode. I have too many sheets to print.
There is no solvent on this machine so you can run solvent through the lines kinda sucks.
I wished I could hook a syringe up to these heads but they are different than heads
I've dealt with in the past. So if any of you have an idea how to clean these heads
up I'd appreciate it. HP calls its purge an Air Purge shouldn't it be an ink purge?
I don't want air going through my heads I want ink or solvent but it just doesn't make
sense. I'm disappointed in the lack of information/documentation on the printer and limited access to

If your wondering why I have 52 jets out its because we had some warped material go through it
and the heads collided into it. and 11 jets just mysteriously went out with no head strikes.

In what way have you compensated for the bad jets? Have you ran a Print Recover Jets Pattern? Judging by what you've said in your post I would guess that you have never read the manual for that printer. How often do you do a manual cleaning?

supersignmart

head strike

You said you had some warped material go thru it and lost 11 jets,
You did get a head strike!
To fix you will need to order new heads.

cwb143

In what way have you compensated for the bad jets? Have you ran a Print Recover Jets Pattern? Judging by what you've said in your post I would guess that you have never read the manual for that printer. How often do you do a manual cleaning?

I ran the Manual Jet Pattern turned off all the jets that were not firing. Since the Auto Jet Map wouldn't read anything. Said 52 jets Disqualified by printer. I also ran the Recover Jet pattern followed by the Check Health Pattern (which I call a Jet Out.) twice. Nothing changed or improved.

I do a manual cleaning more times that should be required here lately. I bet its less than every 10 hours a day. The head strike was the beginning of
our problems. Because of that I Now i reject any warped material that comes to me. Instead of trying to make
it work which is the first reaction. Lesson learned. Because this printer doesn't have a vacuum like a true flatbed it won't pull substrates like .040 Acrylic, or .015 Styrene, or .008 Hopsyn down good enough.

If I haven't read the manual then I've read a good portion of it.
Thanks for the response.

wunder

Best result for Nozzle recover become.....dismount the heads and clean it with FLush at Ultrasonic manually.

other way Flush(SOAK) the heads in the machine.

And dont use the AUTOJET function. Best result manually Jet mapping.....after this run all colors a Big bar for 1 meter.....check nozzle again without a purge and map the crap nozzle again.

For jet mapping is very urgent the mechanical Y Adjustment must be 101% !!! without them never become a correct Jet Map.

br
wunder

I ran the Manual Jet Pattern turned off all the jets that were not firing. Since the Auto Jet Map wouldn't read anything. Said 52 jets Disqualified by printer. I also ran the Recover Jet pattern followed by the Check Health Pattern (which I call a Jet Out.) twice. Nothing changed or improved.

I do a manual cleaning more times that should be required here lately. I bet its less than every 10 hours a day. The head strike was the beginning of
our problems. Because of that I Now i reject any warped material that comes to me. Instead of trying to make
it work which is the first reaction. Lesson learned. Because this printer doesn't have a vacuum like a true flatbed it won't pull substrates like .040 Acrylic, or .015 Styrene, or .008 Hopsyn down good enough.

If I haven't read the manual then I've read a good portion of it.
Thanks for the response.

jasonx

Air purge is an ink purge. The heads using air to keep the pressure in the head to stop ink falling out. The air purge is an ink purge in that oppsotive pressure is created to force ink out of the heads. This won't recover bad nozzles.

Which heads are bad?

If they are cyan or magenta and your light cyan and light magenta are ok swap them around. This will get you out of trouble.

Also print a prime bar pattern to see which heads are bad.

Disable all your auto jet mapping.

Hzone15

Buy new heads, I purchased one of these ultra sonic cleaners, from my experience they do an ok job, not great or even good.