• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions JFX 200-2513 Muffler

MSSDon

This is cheap but it works very well! Thanks to Larry Shaw for making it for me while he doing our training.

Attachments

• IMG_20170123_152516617.jpg
    IMG_20170123_152516617.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 656

feckmo

Great idea! No issues with vacuum pressure or extra work on the motor?

This thing does need a muffler right out of the box. Man, is it loud...

MSSDon

Great idea! No issues with vacuum pressure or extra work on the motor?

This thing does need a muffler right out of the box. Man, is it loud...
Not so far and it makes so much difference in the noise! Vacuum pressure is as strong as ever.

Rip

This is cheap but it works very well! Thanks to Larry Shaw for making it for me while he doing our training.

We just set up 2 JFX200-2513's and man they are loud. I looked at your pic and was wondering what he had put inside the tube? Because I really need to make a couple of these. Info would be greatly appreciated.

MSSDon

We just set up 2 JFX200-2513's and man they are loud. I looked at your pic and was wondering what he had put inside the tube? Because I really need to make a couple of these. Info would be greatly appreciated.

We actually used some of the styrofoam packing that came with our machine. That is about it! Every now and then I pull it off to remind myself how much it dampens the noise. lol Good luck!

Lytjan13

After seeing this I made one this morning and it makes a huge difference in being able to hear anything going on in my shop.