• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JFX200-2513 Clear Gloss is Produced as Matte/Satin

AEGlenn

Hi there! Apologies for being somewhat of a newb. I've been with this company for a couple years now and when we got our JFX the training was a bit minimal. Here recently, I noticed that my gloss ink setting, despite being set as such, still seems to end up as matte (or perhaps a bit on the satin/semi-gloss side). I tried doing an air purge, nozzle cleaning, and so on, but nothing seems to bring it to full-on, buttery smooth gloss. The test print show very little, if any, missing nozzles in the clear section as well. Attaching photos of a result my previous coworker achieved vs what I'm getting now. Any thoughts?
IMG_5904.jpg
IMG_5903.jpg

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
If you have the special properties set to glossy, you might adjust the lamp sliders forwards (towards back) and see if that helps. Just got a jfx200 yesterday, so a whole new beast to me. The gloss works by delaying the curing of the ink so it has time to spread out. Matte cures it before it has a chance to smooth out.

Can also try adding a second clear layer.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
If you are using Rasterlink 6 when you make a clear plate Matte is the default option (for me at least). To change this, go to the Job Properties tab with your clear file selected. You should see an option called Job Attribute, with a drop down menu and a button called 'Setup'. Click the button 'Setup'. This brings up an option that looks just like the Special Plate page. Click the tab that says 'UV Mode'. In this tab you have your glossy print option. Just click 'Glossy Print' and hit OK.

**EDIT** Doing this will only change the special plate you have selected. This will not change the default to select Glossy every time, I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

AEGlenn

Thanks all! I've got the glossy attribute set, but I do think I may have had my lamps positioned closer to being in-line with the clear printing head. I'll move them so it has time to level out and see if that makes a difference.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I attached a Clear Ink Guide I have. It may be helpful for you. I usually set my UV Lamps to the 0 position. I also run 600 x 600 resolution at 32 passes. It gives me the best results.

Attachments

• D202711-15_JFX200_ClearInkPrintGuide_e.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 27

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Current operation manual, page 42 on the PDF (section 2, page 8) shows the ideal lamp settings for each ink type. LUS-120 is the easiest, 0 for almost everything except 190 on both lamps if doing color on white.

To add a second clear base layer, look at the guide Adam posted. On page 14 it shows the option for "Print bottom clear liquid" and that might help get the result you need.