• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX200-2513 Not Printing White (Sometimes)

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Machine is JFX200-2513, RIP is Rasterlink 6.

I am printing white around some registration marks so the Colex camera has an easier time reading the marks. I made the color around the registration marks a spot color and changed the color in the color replacement tab to print 100% white. This works on almost all marks almost all the time. The first 2 dots it prints has a 50% chance of actually printing the white, same file printing within 30 minutes of each other, sometimes it prints the white and sometimes the printer just says no thank you. When printing I am doing print only, I am not re-ripping everytime as these are large files and would add 10 minutes a print on top of print time. I have tried to reload the file, re-rip the file, change the spot color to a different color and nothing has worked.

I also keep these files in Rasterlink as we print them often enough and they are such big files that it is a huge waste of time to reload them in everytime.

This is not a huge issue as I can just throw a piece of tape behind the registration mark and it works the same. But this is just driving me nuts that the same file will sometimes print this white and sometimes it won't, AND it is only on the first 2 dots on the table.

IMG_2150.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's a weird one because it doesn't seem to be an ink flow issue. My first gut feeling was maybe a file issue.

Adam Vreeke

It's a weird one because it doesn't seem to be an ink flow issue. My first gut feeling was maybe a file issue.
The trick of it is I created a white plate and changed the color to white, and in both cases the white may or may not print. I am just racking my brain trying to figure this out. Like I said its more annoying than anything, and it's mostly annoying because when things go wrong I like to know why and I like to know how to fix it. But so far this may be the girl that got away...

Adam Vreeke

Does it ever happen on other white prints or just when trying to put it behind the mark?
It has only ever happened on these particular files for this one job. It's an overlay thing and there are 4 different overlays, so the same template was used and different art was just plugged in. And it has only ever happened on these 4. One overlay may print perfect on 10 beds, then the next will print one or two perfect and then not print the white on the first 2 reg marks on the next. I will say that once it stops printing the white it won't print it again, at least in the same day.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
My best guess would be that maybe some of the art files have an effect that is conflicting with the sport color? Sometimes transparencies will make spot colors do weird things. Other than that I guess it could be a small pressure issue causing the ink to no start printing right away sometimes. Never hurts to check pressure and run an air purge.

Adam Vreeke

My best guess would be that maybe some of the art files have an effect that is conflicting with the sport color? Sometimes transparencies will make spot colors do weird things. Other than that I guess it could be a small pressure issue causing the ink to no start printing right away sometimes. Never hurts to check pressure and run an air purge.

Reg dot and white square are outside of the picture that might be overlapping it. Both circle and square are just vector objects and as stated are outside of anything else overlapping it.

Pressure is within range and I just did an air purge about 1 week ago, I will try it again and see if it works.

Could this be an encoder strip issue at all?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Reg dot and white square are outside of the picture that might be overlapping it. Both circle and square are just vector objects and as stated are outside of anything else overlapping it.

Pressure is within range and I just did an air purge about 1 week ago, I will try it again and see if it works.

Could this be an encoder strip issue at all?

Encoder issues tend to print and have a stair step pattern rather than not printing at all. If you're not seeing print issues in the other colors, I would say no.