• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX200-2513 Pressure Issues

ErikaST

So, I have not gotten a positive or negative pressure error in a VERY long time. I started to notice "pooling" of ink on the print heads recently (shown in attachment) after my coworker took over on the printer for me for a couple months. It surprisingly isn't effecting the print quality when there is ink built up on the heads though. We couldn't figure out what could be causing the issue until i was told to check the pressures. Of course they were WAY off so after readjusting them i didn't notice the pooling again until a couple weeks later. I had no error on my screen, went and check the pressures and they are way off again.
Is there a sensor that might've gone bad that needs replaced?

If anyone has any recommendations or help id appreciate it greatly!
Thanks,
Erika C.

Attachments

• IMG_9346.JPG
    IMG_9346.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 636

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You need to check all of the air tube connections to make sure they are tight. You probably just have an air leak. It's possible that the adjustment valve is just malfunctioning as well.

Impact1

Wide Format Technical Solutions
How old is your printer? It’s recommended per Mimaki that you replace the positive/negative pump once a year. You may want to move the carriage over the bed and turn off the main power switch. Make sure there is media under the carriage. With the power off if you notice ink dripping from the heads after a few minutes you could have a bad air solenoid valve. Also, humidity or temperature changes can cause changes in the negative and positive pressure settings.

ErikaST

How old is your printer? It’s recommended per Mimaki that you replace the positive/negative pump once a year. You may want to move the carriage over the bed and turn off the main power switch. Make sure there is media under the carriage. With the power off if you notice ink dripping from the heads after a few minutes you could have a bad air solenoid valve. Also, humidity or temperature changes can cause changes in the negative and positive pressure settings.
The company had purchased it before i started here but i believe it is 4 years old. At the end of the day today i will move the carriage and see if i gt any dripping. I do believe because we are getting into the cold of winter here in northwestern PA the pressures are fluctuating.

ErikaST

You need to check all of the air tube connections to make sure they are tight. You probably just have an air leak. It's possible that the adjustment valve is just malfunctioning as well.
Connections are tight, i do not feel any air leak coming from/around the pump or tubes.

APCInk

Merchant Member
Hi Erika,

Does the negative pressure respond quickly to your adjustments or do you have to turn it more than usual to get it to change? I had this happen on a customers machine once when the air filter on the left side of the gantry was plugged up. This can be found at the left end of the machine under the black cover at the left end of the machine and wraps under the machine. It is in a glass bulb with a brass thumbscrew.

I hope this helps!
Brian

ErikaST

Hi Erika,

Does the negative pressure respond quickly to your adjustments or do you have to turn it more than usual to get it to change? I had this happen on a customers machine once when the air filter on the left side of the gantry was plugged up. This can be found at the left end of the machine under the black cover at the left end of the machine and wraps under the machine. It is in a glass bulb with a brass thumbscrew.

I hope this helps!
Brian
So i think i have to turn the pressure adjustment knobs a little more than usual for it to change. I took a look at the "glass bulb" and noticed a little bit of debris inside of it, im assuming its dust being sucked in from a hole located towards the top left of the glass bulb. So far ive replaced the air pump assembly and adjusted the pressures to their correct measures multiple times over 2-3 weeks and im still having the "pooling" issue shown in the photo in the original posting.

APCInk

Merchant Member
So i think i have to turn the pressure adjustment knobs a little more than usual for it to change. I took a look at the "glass bulb" and noticed a little bit of debris inside of it, im assuming its dust being sucked in from a hole located towards the top left of the glass bulb. So far ive replaced the air pump assembly and adjusted the pressures to their correct measures multiple times over 2-3 weeks and im still having the "pooling" issue shown in the photo in the original posting.
Hi Erika,

There is a circle filter in that bulb that you could remove and see if your pressures stabilize. If they do you can order a new filter from us or another dealer. Put the glass bulb back on after removing the filter to test.

Thanks!
Brian

ErikaST

Hi Erika,

There is a circle filter in that bulb that you could remove and see if your pressures stabilize. If they do you can order a new filter from us or another dealer. Put the glass bulb back on after removing the filter to test.

Thanks!
Brian
Funny thing, we actually already order almost all of our printer needs from you guys! If youre able to provide me with a part number i will get a purchase req over to my purchasing team asap.

APCInk

Merchant Member
Glad to hear that and thanks for your business! The part number is SPA-0206 - Air Filter Kit (this is the round filter in the bulb). Did that help the issue?

ErikaST

Glad to hear that and thanks for your business! The part number is SPA-0206 - Air Filter Kit (this is the round filter in the bulb). Did that help the issue?
not sure yet, ill have to wait for my print job to finish then after i will look into it. if it does help i will be sure to send over an order. thanks!

ErikaST

We are actually having a tech come up here tomorrow to come look at things! hopefully he/she will be able to pinpoint the problem

Daiprinter

Did the tech person manage to sort this, I'm having very similar issues? What was it please. I can see ink coming from the head when it's wiping the heads after a clean, so they are never clean. Done the vacuum test all good there? Just wondered what tech did to fix it please?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did the tech person manage to sort this, I'm having very similar issues? What was it please. I can see ink coming from the head when it's wiping the heads after a clean, so they are never clean. Done the vacuum test all good there? Just wondered what tech did to fix it please?
When you checked the pressure, was is sitting at a fairly stable number or was it moving around a lot? Sometimes it can be 'in range" but fluctuating too much.

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
The 2way 2+3way air solenoid valve are all either defective or they can't maintain the pressures once dialed in. I would always teach the operators how to monitor the values on their printers after a new install.