• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX200-2513 Print-head temp

Ed Phillips

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me the typical Print Head temperature setting on a JFX200-2513using LUS-120 series ink

Thank You
Ed

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Head operating temperature is handled by the firmware. When you set up the printer and chose LUS120, it set the temperature automatically. There should be no reason to change it. In fact, the tech manual says to never change it specifically.

The machine will also error out if the ambient temperature gets to -10 or 80+ C indicating improper operating environment or a short in the head circuit.

Ed Phillips

Premium Subscriber
Head operating temperature is handled by the firmware. When you set up the printer and chose LUS120, it set the temperature automatically. There should be no reason to change it. In fact, the tech manual says to never change it specifically.

The machine will also error out if the ambient temperature gets to -10 or 80+ C indicating improper operating environment or a short in the head circuit.
Thank you for the info,
Problem is I need the actual temp that ends up being set when using the LUS120 ink set for a different reason, I am using the Mimaki LUS120 Ink in a different brand of printer.
The printer uses Ricoh Gen5 heads, the Mimaki ink is working great at this point, I think I have it dialed in just about perfectly with my average voltage around 17.2v and the Temp at 44.1deg, getting good dots just slightly elongated up and down looking under a digital microscope.

I am not sure the head voltage and temp can even be displayed on a JFX200, I just picked it since it uses Ricoh gen5 heads also

Biggest reason for using the Mimaki ink is I can get it about 100 yards from my print shop from my local supplier where the factory ink I have to order and it cost me about $60.00 more per liter plus shipping.

If it is possible to see the head temps etc. I would love a screenshot of the settings. if you or anyone is willing to post.

Thank you
Ed

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you for the info,
Problem is I need the actual temp that ends up being set when using the LUS120 ink set for a different reason, I am using the Mimaki LUS120 Ink in a different brand of printer.
The printer uses Ricoh Gen5 heads, the Mimaki ink is working great at this point, I think I have it dialed in just about perfectly with my average voltage around 17.2v and the Temp at 44.1deg, getting good dots just slightly elongated up and down looking under a digital microscope.

I am not sure the head voltage and temp can even be displayed on a JFX200, I just picked it since it uses Ricoh gen5 heads also

Biggest reason for using the Mimaki ink is I can get it about 100 yards from my print shop from my local supplier where the factory ink I have to order and it cost me about $60.00 more per liter plus shipping.

If it is possible to see the head temps etc. I would love a screenshot of the settings. if you or anyone is willing to post.

Thank you
Ed
Gotcha. Yeah I believe it displays the temperature while it's heating up but you can also check it in service mode as well. I don't have one to take a screenshot of unfortunately. The tech manual doesn't mention the temp either for some reason. I think you're in the right area for sure. It's going to be somewhere between 40 and 55 I believe. Hopefully someone else can help!

Smoke_Jaguar

If you have a working profile, can just warm the head up for a nozzle check then go to #TEST> SENSOR menu and scroll through that.

Ed Phillips

Premium Subscriber
If you have a working profile, can just warm the head up for a nozzle check then go to #TEST> SENSOR menu and scroll through that.
Problem is I don't have a JFX200 to get the reading from, I need someone that has one to do the check and get the temp readings I am using the LUS-120 Ink in a different brand of printer, Just want to see if my temp settings are close to what Mimaki sets it to when using the LUS-120 Ink

Smoke_Jaguar

If anyone is running a UJF-30/6042, can do that as well. Mine are all gone/down at the moment. (They do use CE4 heads, but similar waveform properties to the GEN5)

Ed Phillips

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is running a UJF-30/6042, can do that as well. Mine are all gone/down at the moment. (They do use CE4 heads, but similar waveform properties to the GEN5)
No problem, I appreciate the help, I think I'm really close. perhaps someone will have a chance to check theirs and let me know, if not no big deal.

Smoke_Jaguar

Found the recommended temps for the UV inks, at least for the UJF-7151. Should be the same.

Attachments

• InkTemps.png
    InkTemps.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 20

Ed Phillips

Premium Subscriber
Found the recommended temps for the UV inks, at least for the UJF-7151. Should be the same.
Thank you for the info

I was set at 42 with the LUS-120 ink
It’s been working fine but I prefer to use the suggested value from Mimaki just dropped it to 35
We will see how it works

Ed