• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX200-2513 Problem

TomZ

Problem with my head position moving untill it starts hitting the sides. But prints right where it should.

TomZ

As the head moves back and fourth printing it starts to travel in one direction more then the other till it starts hitting the stops

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
So the head moves further and further to the side, prints in the correct spot but eventually hits the side of the printer? If that's the case, you might need to have someone come out there and check it out. That's a very rare issue and could be caused by a lot of things. I would update the firmware first and then troubleshoot from there.

TomZ

Thanks but it was the y motor encoder. I changed the motor and the problem went away. The encoder strip is for print placement and the motor encoder is for head movement.