• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JFX200-2513 SYSTEM HALT (6) 637:INK LEAK :00001

goksel

Hi all,
I am receiving below message and my printer's stop working. Any idea?
SYSTEM HALT (6) 637:INK LEAK :00001

Texastech

Wear gloves uv ink is not friends with skin. If you are going to use a flashlight make sure some of the orange plastic is over the light. This is a uv light blocker. Your ink is leaking from one of two locations. If under warranty call a technician. If not get ready for some cleaning. First it will be in one of two places. Where all the pumps are located near the main power switch. Or under your sub tanks located under your bottles. With your power off take off the panels you should see ink along the bottom remove with 91 ( or higher) isopropyl alcohol. After all ink is cleared and cleaned. Find the ink leak Hopefully it’s just a bottle cap was not put on correctly. Once that is finished there will be a micro chip about 2 inches in size if under the sub tanks right hand panel I want to say between 5-6 or 6-7 bottle insert disconnect that chip wipe clean hopefully you get luck and it works still order a new chip. If by pumps it will be along back panel in middle. Each chip will have a clear rubber piece between the chip and bottom of the case you will need to reuse it. Clean/replace chip& rubber.

GNSMike

I have a similar issue, but ends in 2 (SYSTEM HALT (6):INK LEAK :000002) and discovered it to be under the pumps near the main power switch. I would guess 000001 is below the ink bottles. As described, there is a small chip there (this one is only less than 1" x 1") right below the agitation pump for the white inks we have in the middle. There was ink against the chip which seemed to connect the sensors on the chip, setting off the error. I cleaned the chip and area, found the leak (coming from the agitation pump) and will be having a tech come out to replace as it is more than I would like to do (don't want to fill the lines with air and have to figure out a full air purge for the whites).