• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX200 Mimaki - Issues printing on ACM

jdwilliams1

Hello everyone,

We have recently decided to print on ACM with our flatbed. We use L100 inks and are getting odd smudges or issues every once in awhile. We have torn the laminate off and printed, we have torn the laminate off and wiped with alcohol(even worse) and we have 3 - JFX200 printers and they are all doing the same thing. The issue is fairly random and we are struggling to put our finger on the issue. We have printed on white sheet aluminum for 2 decades, .032, .040, .063 and .080 with no issues. any thoughts on what might cause these issues?
20240316_102257.jpg
20240320_151142.jpg

APCInk

Merchant Member
Do you have an older piece from a different lot that you can test to narrow it down? Maybe could be that lot of ACM.

jdwilliams1

Do you have an older piece from a different lot that you can test to narrow it down? Maybe could be that lot of ACM.
Actually I am picking up some new sheets tomorrow and hope to test them this week, but just wondered if anyone else has had that issue

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
We run the same machine and same inks as you. For us we have bonding issues on certain brands of ACM. The best we have found is to be Maxmetal from Grimco. I am able to peel and print full coverage with 0 issue. Since we had so many problems with ink adhesion on other brands, Maxmetal is the only brand we run.

jdwilliams1

We run the same machine and same inks as you. For us we have bonding issues on certain brands of ACM. The best we have found is to be Maxmetal from Grimco. I am able to peel and print full coverage with 0 issue. Since we had so many problems with ink adhesion on other brands, Maxmetal is the only brand we run.
Well shoot Adam...that is who we use for our ACM. We are going to a get a few sheets from them hopefully from another lot and see if it helps. I sure do hope so, we would really love to use it more! Adam have you run into bad batches with MAXMETAL?

Last edited:

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Yes there has been bad batches of MaxMetal. We had some a while back where we could literally peel of the ink in a sheet like a post it note.

hulign

I miss the budget friendly line that our local supply company had before they got bought out by Grimco. I don't even think it had a call out for UV ink but the LUS150 worked great on it.

Max Metal prints great too but its 2x the cost. I hope you have a good supplier that will take care of this for you.

I'm torn on the LUS100 vs the LUS150. I have had people buy 4x8 sheets and fold them in 1/2 fresh off the machine and never had a complaint that something didn't stay stuck other than a a glass cutting board we used to do for a realtor.

Did a bunch of them and then poof we had one that flaked. Only that one, so odd.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Well shoot Adam...that is who we use for our ACM. We are going to a get a few sheets from them hopefully from another lot and see if it helps. I sure do hope so, we would really love to use it more! Adam have you run into bad batches with MAXMETAL?
We don't run a ton of it. We have 1 client that orders a lot at a time once a year, and it is on brushed silver.