• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Job ticketing / work queue recommendations

JohnSmith

Hello all,

I'm a staff of one handling orders from four locations, and as we're getting busier I'm trying to get a bit better at prioritizing. Looking for any recommendations on job ticketing or queueing software. Any ideas? Cheap or free is preferable, of course, but a really good multi-agent solution I could bring to my employers would be great too.

Marie

+2 for Trello - we've been using in for a few months and like it a lot - easy to set up and use / available for a lot of devises / and the price is right. The hardest part was getting the into the habit of using it for every job.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We actually use filemaker for job ticketing and writeups. Find it was customizable for us...more so than Quickbooks at the time. Thinking in the near future we may need to work on updating our workflow and ticketing either thru an app like Trello, signvox or other application.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
+3 for Trello. We also started using it a few months ago and also like Marie the hardest part has been getting into the habit of always keeping it open and using it. Pretty much past that now and it's helped a lot in keeping track of everything.

signswi

SignVOX, it's a big change but once your staff gets on board it's rather good. Easier the more tech-saavy your staff is already.

Now, if you're not looking for full solution, Trello can be okay, as can Asana, but at some point down the road you're going to want full cycle project management and it makes sense to do it before you need it instead of after your business is a messy crisis zone.

JustInSigns

+1 for filemaker - We use a database called KiM thats is used in FileMaker designed by an industry legend - I think he sells it overseas as well.

The entire production process runs through the software, quotes, production forms for the different departments, resource allocation, right down to invoicing

I can PM you if you need some details

phototec

+1 for filemaker - We use a database called KiM thats is used in FileMaker designed by an industry legend - I think he sells it overseas as well.

The entire production process runs through the software, quotes, production forms for the different departments, resource allocation, right down to invoicing

I can PM you if you need some details

:goodpost:

I searched Google for info on a database called KiM thats is used in FileMaker, nothing - no luck.

Please PM info to me, thanks...

:thankyou:

AceHigh

We print apparel as well as signs, does anyone have a suggestion for that application that they have a positive experience with? Right now we are just using QB for our estimates and invoicing. I looked at Trello that was mentioned above and it looks good to use for status tracking, but it would be nice to have built in forms and such if we're gonna make the jump.
Any help is appreciated,
Carl

PromoGuyTy

+1000 for Trello

+1000 for Trello. Have used Wunderlist for last couple of years. No comparison. For our 4 or 5 person operation...Trello rocks for keeping track of jobs...

neil_se

Found the KiM software.

http://www.kim.net.au/

Looking at it some now myself. We do use Trello but always open to options which might be better.
I purchased KiM a few years ago and threw 10k in the bin. I consider myself to be fairly tech-savvy and have taught myself to use an array of programs, but found that KiM wasn't intuitive or user-friendly. If I couldn't use it then there was no way my staff could.

Now a happy SignVOX customer.