• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just bought a Graphtec FC9000, Cannot get it to function properly

Zeke Ford

Manager of Wide Format Production
I just bought this Graphtec FC900 after previously owning the Mutoh VC-1300. I am getting super frustrated with it and I just got it 2 days ago. We are using both flexi and onyx to process our jobs. In Onyx, we can get it to print to our Colorado 1650, but it is putting the barcode in the wrong corner for some reason. We figured out how to get the cutter to still read the print media but we have to lie to it in the Onyx cut server and tell it to rotate the cut file 90 degrees even though we are loading it in the regular way. That is our first issue. Our second issue is that we have some media that we can only run on our Mutoh VJ-1624x so in order to do that we have to use flexi. For some reason the Graphtec is not reading the marks that Flexi puts on our media. We have tried adding the Graphtec Type 2 Automatic marks, the Segment area marks, and no matter which marks we use it does not read them. The frustrating part about that is, when I do the Mark line Test, the arm sensor test, or the test for the recommended settings, it reads the flexi marks just fine. We've tried adjusting it to the recommended setting and everything else that we can think of. Has anyone on here had either of these two issues? I about ready to just hook my Mutoh VC back up.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Are you running new enough Onyx to support FC9000? You need version 19.0.3 or higher for it.
Have you changed the barcode to the correct one in Onyx cutter settings?

Zeke Ford

Are you running new enough Onyx to support FC9000? You need version 19.0.3 or higher for it.
Have you changed the barcode to the correct one in Onyx cutter settings?
We have Onyx Thrive Version 19.0.3. It gives us 2 options for the barcode, either standard or Roll. When we use the Standard Barcode, that is when it puts it in the Bottom Left Corner instead of the Bottom Right where the lead edge is. Using standard is when we have to tell it to rotate 90. When we use the roll barcode setting it puts the barcodes in the correct location, but when we go to send the file, it reads the first mark and then shoots the media out of the front of the machine.

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver

signheremd

I just bought this Graphtec FC900 after previously owning the Mutoh VC-1300. I am getting super frustrated with it and I just got it 2 days ago. We are using both flexi and onyx to process our jobs. In Onyx, we can get it to print to our Colorado 1650, but it is putting the barcode in the wrong corner for some reason. We figured out how to get the cutter to still read the print media but we have to lie to it in the Onyx cut server and tell it to rotate the cut file 90 degrees even though we are loading it in the regular way. That is our first issue. Our second issue is that we have some media that we can only run on our Mutoh VJ-1624x so in order to do that we have to use flexi. For some reason the Graphtec is not reading the marks that Flexi puts on our media. We have tried adding the Graphtec Type 2 Automatic marks, the Segment area marks, and no matter which marks we use it does not read them. The frustrating part about that is, when I do the Mark line Test, the arm sensor test, or the test for the recommended settings, it reads the flexi marks just fine. We've tried adjusting it to the recommended setting and everything else that we can think of. Has anyone on here had either of these two issues? I about ready to just hook my Mutoh VC back up.
We setup the printed marks in Flexi using the Contour Cut Mark button (green center, shows 4 crop marks and a dotted pattern), choosing Graphtec 4 Type 1 (or 2) marks, and sending the cut via the Cut Contour button (shows as a plotter blade over a burgundy rectangle), which sends it to Flexi Production Manager. If you send the cut using the Cut/Plot button, it doesn't bother reading the cropmarks and just starts cutting - usually well out of line. Doesn't matter which machine prints the vinyl, our Roland Soljet running off of VersaWorks or our Fluid Color UV printer running off of Oynx.

Costaricanprinter

You need to set up the command to gp gl
I have te same problem when I sent cuts from Flexi

Attachments

• 7C8159F0-F36A-400A-B068-4A72806235FD.jpeg
    7C8159F0-F36A-400A-B068-4A72806235FD.jpeg
    628.5 KB · Views: 314

Costaricanprinter

The barcode only works for me using CM4 on Corel draw , on ilustrator put the bar code in a diferent position and the plotter don’t read it
Had try all the cut marks this one is the only one my plotter read and cut perfectly, on Flexi 19 mutho edition
Sorry for my bad English , cheers from Costa Rica

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 269

Zeke Ford

You need to set up the command to gp gl
I have te same problem when I sent cuts from Flexi
I downloaded the Plug in for cut master on CorelDRAW and It seems to be working as far as sending the Cut Contour files through there. As soon as I have my current job finished I am going to have to give your suggestion a try.
Thank you!

Costaricanprinter

Try updating to the firmware new machines don’t run new realeses, have notice some improvement since de 1.1 version … take me some time to run my plotter smoth now is a work horse cutting not stop

Zeke Ford

Try updating to the firmware new machines don’t run new realeses, have notice some improvement since de 1.1 version … take me some time to run my plotter smoth now is a work horse cutting not stop
I have another question. We are running printed shirt vinyl on it now. For some reason it is cutting almost all of the vinyl exactly how the file is setup, but in some areas the pen is moving in the correct cut pattern, but it is not dropping down to cut it. So there are some parts of it that are not getting cut. Would there be a reason why the pen isn't dropping down to cut in these areas? I've watched it do this at least 4 times during this cut job.

Zeke Ford

We setup the printed marks in Flexi using the Contour Cut Mark button (green center, shows 4 crop marks and a dotted pattern), choosing Graphtec 4 Type 1 (or 2) marks, and sending the cut via the Cut Contour button (shows as a plotter blade over a burgundy rectangle), which sends it to Flexi Production Manager. If you send the cut using the Cut/Plot button, it doesn't bother reading the cropmarks and just starts cutting - usually well out of line. Doesn't matter which machine prints the vinyl, our Roland Soljet running off of VersaWorks or our Fluid Color UV printer running off of Oynx.
Yes, mine did this as well today. That was when I decided to throw in the towel on flexi and just downloaded the plug in for CM4 on CorelDRAW.

Costaricanprinter

I have another question. We are running printed shirt vinyl on it now. For some reason it is cutting almost all of the vinyl exactly how the file is setup, but in some areas the pen is moving in the correct cut pattern, but it is not dropping down to cut it. So there are some parts of it that are not getting cut. Would there be a reason why the pen isn't dropping down to cut in these areas? I've watched it do this at least 4 times during this cut job.
Maybe the color of the cut line is not te correct. I honestly don’t trust Flexi 100%

hobbymad

I use the USB key for mine. I have a few machines and many of them need computers constantly connected, but with the graphtec it can run standalone which is awesome. Just save to file (I use the plugin for coreldraw) onto a USB, plug it into the graphtec, load your media then hit menu. Select link and choose USB, then select the file, hit enter and it cuts. Also you can set it up to print barcodes top and bottom so orientation doesn't matter. YouTube has a great video - search for barcodes fc9000.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
Have you asked for help from the dealer you bought it from?

Zeke Ford

Have you asked for help from the dealer you bought it from?
Yes, we were having these issues when the guy installed it. He was here from the time that we opened until we closed trying to figure it out. He said that he was going to try to get a hold of onyx to see if they could give him any advice but we haven't heard back.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
My Graftec 9000 is running great.
Must have Flexi 21.
Set job up, position job to the right side 3" from bottom.
In Cut window, select cutter, click on Options in the Registration Mark box, check Use Bar Code.
Bar Code Type set to Roll Media, click OK.
Send to print.
After printing put media on cutter, Forward or Reverse the 9000 will read it either way.
Put blade in crop mark area and press Barcode button on cutter.
This cutter cuts one job after another all day long.
Hope this works for you.