• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just got a new printer! What the heck is it?

MikeD

Hi everyone,
I just inherited an HP DesignJet 450C; model C4716A, from a relative that used it to print blue prints. All I know about it is that it's ~36" wide and it is a CMYK roll-fed printer. Does anyone know about this older model HP? I'm not even sure what type of ink it uses! Hoping to have some fun with it, though.

Thanks for any advice you all can offer!

Miked

PS:
I'm not really finding much detail on the web, or any service providers in my area.

CreatedDesigns

We had one of those... Threw it out 10 years ago. We used it as a plotter also. Replaced it with the designjet 110. Still going strong today. Not much use for a 450 these days. Unless you got an old win 98 system laying around. Due to lack of USB or RJ45 connections. We had issues with ink drying up in it had to keep it printing all the time. Boy sure don't miss that old dog.

Haha, Thanks for bringing back those memories......