• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just noticed this neat thing on Google Maps...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Click the little globe button and you can change the view on the maps now. Hold the "CTL" key and use the mouse to tilt. REALLY COOL!

wGvJev1m-SwEAi6PL-0PWDEhuc50v7ZVNK9J8wMRfmgYL2Mv5G7VCoZ43S0M3Wl5UD9kuj7LSsYg1cEFe_X24XfkNZslOjLn1cCrCud3tvpI7IdE4LatO9UTkVKBnomSilPHL7MxGFo=w1920-h840-no

Every so often they get a little bit better as the images get better and the algorithms improve. Pretty soon the cars won't drive and everything will be satellite images. Google is also adding a lighting layer soon. This will show you the most lit streets at night so if you are walking home you don't get caught somewhere dark.

OADesign

Hold the "CTL" key and use the mouse to tilt has always worked that way in satellite view. I guess they've just added a button to draw more users to it.
For years its been a time saver when we cant get anybody out of the shop to go eyeball a job site.

If you haven't tried this one yet, Right click and select "Measure distance"... Another cool feature.

Click the little globe button and you can change the view on the maps now. Hold the "CTL" key and use the mouse to tilt. REALLY COOL!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Hold the "CTL" key and use the mouse to tilt has always worked that way in satellite view. I guess they've just added a button to draw more users to it.
For years its been a time saver when we cant get anybody out of the shop to go eyeball a job site.

If you haven't tried this one yet, Right click and select "Measure distance"... Another cool feature.

Yea I use that very often!