• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just replaced my dx4 printhead jv3-160sp

getcustomized

Got a head strike last month from the wiper getting stuck half way out and as the carriage passed over at start up, the cyan head center went right over the top of the wiper, bending the head and leaving a scrape in it. It did still print however but missing nozzles and left spurts after each pass. Learned my lesson on that(make sure to keep wiper and its 2 shafts nice and clean). So I was able to purchase 3 used water based heads last week from an epson 10600 at 165$ each. Just put it in today, pulled ink through with a syringe at the pump, ran a test draw and all looks good. I took my manifold off the bad head and put it on my new used head. Didn't put in any values for the head ID, just installed the head and turned it on. Hope there won't be any problems. I keep ya posted. Open to any suggestions.

DravidDavid

Is the printer a solvent or water based printer?

Did you turn a water based head in to a solvent one? Or was it water colour to start with? I ask because our DX4 heads are running in solvent printers...Didn't know they worked in water colour machines also.