• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV-3 and Phototex...what profile and heater settings?

JERHEMI

I just got a roll of the eco-solvent Phototex and was curious what profile and heater settings you using to get this stuff to print nice on your JV-3? thanks

TheSnowman

Ok, I hate to dig this up, but I just got some too, and I need to print on this stuff soon. I'm tryin' to do a fathead type deal, but am wonderin' how my plotter will cut it. Anyone got a profile idea, or should I just wing it?

ChicagoGraphics

Seeing every printer uses different settings, you will just have to do test prints untill you find the right heat settings.

jdigital

Are you using eco solvent ink or SS2? I have had issues with printing on removable wall vinyl such as Fathead material with SS2 inks. After I print and attach it to the wall it starts to curl around the edges after a few days Any solutions?

TheSnowman

I dumped the Fathead stuff. For the PhotoTex, I believe I just used one of my scrim settings that was already in there. Did pretty well. Fellers told me that you can't contour cut the PhotoTex, but I just put it on the slowest setting possible, and let it take it's time, and it didn't tear anything. PhotoTex is great. Doesn't curl at all. Go w/ that, and dump the Jarhead and Wall Noodle. I had a 1/2" white gap on the outisde and the Wall Noodle still curled. With the PhotoTex, you can virtually cut right on the line, and it won't. It's a mesh.

mondo

I just dont like the sound when its cutting a fabric. Scary but overall Phototex is amazing for that kind of application its just that its expensive.

walkrite

P-Tex

We print on P-Tex all the time. It cuts no problem. We change the blades on the Rolands often...I've tested every material on earth I think and nothing sticks. P-Tex is expensive, the colors appear a bit flat versus vinyl, but it works...and nothing else does..yet.