• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV-33 Color drop out

Cranniga1

Yesterday I was printing on Perforated media on our JV33-160, in the middle of the print the yellow and one of the light cyan dropped out (we use 8 cartridge SS21 ink). Test print revealed the drop out so I ran a hard clean and then test printed again, both colors came back perfectly. I restarted the print and it happened again. I inspected the print head thinking possibly something was obstructing it, but found nothing. Has anyone had anything similar to this happen? I ran a full print on non-perforated media (Oracal 3951) today and everything was fine, although I am hesitant to let anything go over night now.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It sounds like your dampers are failing. I would start there. Also, check the cartridges to make sure they are not empty and just not flagging the machine as so.

Cranniga1

We just had a service done about a month ago, the ink is at 80% So I wouldnt think it was the cartridge

dmfahie

Do you have a pic... color drop out in different shapes, positions can be caused by different issues.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I had the exact same issue a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a slight leak in the capping station. I would replace the capping station and dampers with oem parts.

Cranniga1

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20150831_104921625.jpg
    IMG_20150831_104921625.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_20150831_104936515.jpg
    IMG_20150831_104936515.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 228

BOXOFIDEAS

I had the exact same issue a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a slight leak in the capping station. I would replace the capping station and dampers with oem parts.
I'm having the same issue right now. Did you replace the capping top or the whole capping station?