• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JV150-130 Black color fading as the sheet prints

mschmohl

I am using a Mimaki JV150-130 printer and I'm having issues with the color fading as the images print, especially the black/gray. The printed images start close to the desired color then as they print they gradually fade. The border and text on the image attached to this post should be 50% black, but it is fading to an ugly green. The printed image at the top is close to what it should look like (especially at the bottom of the image where the print starts) and the image on the bottom is what it looks like at the end of the sheet. I am printing this image on 30 in. wide clear decal vinyl image arranged 4 across by 3 high.

In addition, I am having a banding issue when I print images on poster paper.

I appreciate any help you all can provide me in solving these issues.
Mimaki print issue.JPG

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Fading during printing is usually going to be an ink flow issue. I'd start by changing the dampers. They are responsible for keeping ink flowing to the head during printing.

mschmohl

Solventinkjet, Thank you for your response. How do you go about checking the dampers? I am not a highly experienced printer operator. I'm just a graphic designer who uses the Mimaki printer to print decals and posters. Is this a simple procedure? Is there a YouTube video available?

Smoke_Jaguar

Dampers are really a pain to test, but they are pretty cheap. I almost treat them as a troubleshooting part as the procedure to pull them to check is basically what you'd need to do to replace them anyways. They're also a consumable, so pick up a spare if you feel up to the task of changing them in the first place.

damonCA21

If you haven't changed the dampers in the last 6 months then just get new ones and change them. They are a service item so should be replaced fairly regularly anyway. It's not easy to test them really, so just replacing is a better option

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
Why isn't the color changing on the "trip" in Ztrip or the buckle up logo? I know it's probably 4 color k but If the black was truly running out wouldn't those two show degradation too? I'm on mobile so I can't see the pic that well. What RIP are you using? How many up are you running?

mschmohl

Where do you recommend to buy new dampers and other replacement parts for Mimaki JV150-130? I'm located in Kansas City.
Thank you!

mschmohl

Why isn't the color changing on the "trip" in Ztrip or the buckle up logo? I know it's probably 4 color k but If the black was truly running out wouldn't those two show degradation too? I'm on mobile so I can't see the pic that well. What RIP are you using? How many up are you running?
I was wondering the same. I used "Immediate Print" Each image is about 5" x 8" in size and I tiled them 4 across by 3 high.