• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV150-130 Not printing

ckent

I purchased a used JV150-130 from a sign shop that closed down. I am new to this and we have just expanded into printing and I got a really good deal. The machine apparently has been sitting since February or March. I can get it to power on, a few of the inks are low and it is out of cleaner. The station sponges are kind of crusty and I have replaced the wiper as it was crusty. I plan on doing a good cleaning this evening. The test print puts out nothing at all. Going into flexi and making something quickly. Nothing prints at all. I am reading the manual front to back but I was looking for any tips on cleaning this as well. It is using SS21 inks. four color set up.

dale911

President
You may be in for a meeting head if it has been sitting that long. I would put cleaning solution in it and have it soak overnight. The trick is to start it for 99 minutes and then switch it off once it starts counting down. I would attempt a few ink fills as well as different levels of cleaning. If the head doesn’t come back, it’s dead. $2500 for a new one. If it does come
Back in some places, keep working it and see what happens. They can be stubborn. You can also have a bad capping station. Try cleaning it before replacing it and see what happens. The ink builds up and keeps it from making a good deal to pull ink. These machines down like to be unplugged and without cleaning solution and ink for more than a few days. The dx7 head is one of the most delicate heads out there. Don’t try pushing fluid through it with a syringe. There are baffles inside the head to separate the ink channels and it’s easy to blow them out if you introduce too much pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Don’t try pushing fluid through it with a syringe. There are baffles inside the head to separate the ink channels and it’s easy to blow them out if you introduce too much pressure.

While I agree for the most part, we do recommend trying to flush manually if it's your last resort and you are already going to buy a new head. Might as well try!

ckent

I do want to say that while this was sitting, it was plugged in and on and doing auto cycles, but I am sure it ran out of cleaner because the waste tank was FULL when I picked it up and the maint cart was empty. But some things were crusty.

I wanted to start with it as soon as I received it, but some inks were empty as well as the cleaning cartridge so I couldnt really do anything. So I finally received all my ink and cleaning cartridge. I am working on this now. I did as dale911 said with letting it soak and turning the switch off as soon as I had everything in and it would let me. I have the cover off the head. I dont believe the ink fills are doing anything. However in Raster Link it says my ink quantities are going down. I have a few lines that are just plain empty, and the damper does not seem to have much in it either. I have cleaned everything pretty well. I have not attempted to manually flush anything. The capping station I am thinking is bad. as I have cleaned it but I dont think it is sealing. For example I can actually see some air bubbles coming through when the head is on it. I know that the cap sponges will need replaced and I think I am going to order the capping station piece. Is there anyone that has a part number list on this thing. I cannot seem to find a good break down of the parts with numbers on these things.

Another thing I have noticed during the cleaning, the ink refill etc, there is the normal clicking sound which I can only assume is the pump. But sometimes when it goes to move off of the capping station it makes a pretty hard clunk. Any thoughts on that?

I honestly dont mind buying a head for the price I paid for the unit I will still be ahead of the game but want to leave that as a last result. I have been looking at those at your site I think Solventinkjet. So If I do get to that point what is the proper way to manually flush these? I have syringes with the curved nozzles. Etc.

I could call someone out and have a name of a guy but honestly I want to learn on this. I am the kind of person that needs to know how to work on everything I own so this is a good learning experience for me. I am pretty handy and very capable with electronics, etc. I have built a few plasma tables, 3d printers and other CNC applications. Though this is my first solvent printer.

ckent

While I agree for the most part, we do recommend trying to flush manually if it's your last resort and you are already going to buy a new head. Might as well try!
Well I replaced the top cap I ordered from you today, no luck so far. With the new cap on, no ink ever gets in there. There is a slight bit of blue but most of it is just as white as it was when I installed it.

Question, I put in new inks and no matter how many times I do an ink fill it does not seem to get ink to the damper. There is ink in line the after the cartridges but up close to the damper nothing. I cant get it to pull ink. I am guessing the head is toast. It appears that the machine only pulls ink from one set of the colors instead of both looking at how the plungers work on the back of the carts is that correct? As the ones that open obviously are the ones that are full.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Well I replaced the top cap I ordered from you today, no luck so far. With the new cap on, no ink ever gets in there. There is a slight bit of blue but most of it is just as white as it was when I installed it.

Question, I put in new inks and no matter how many times I do an ink fill it does not seem to get ink to the damper. There is ink in line the after the cartridges but up close to the damper nothing. I cant get it to pull ink. I am guessing the head is toast. It appears that the machine only pulls ink from one set of the colors instead of both looking at how the plungers work on the back of the carts is that correct? As the ones that open obviously are the ones that are full.
Make sure the blue (sometimes gray) stopper is on the third nozzle under the cap top. If that is open, the cap won't pull ink.

Yes it only uses 4 at a time when running 4 color.

ckent

Make sure the blue (sometimes gray) stopper is on the third nozzle under the cap top. If that is open, the cap won't pull ink.

Yeah I did. Still nothing. Going to keep soaking this weekend and see if not time to order a new head. What the difference between the official Mimaki and the other one? Just the plastic cover?

ckent

Thanks to Solventinkjet, I am printing. New head and she started printing immediately. I was stubborn and it cost me a month of time. Figured out print and cut today and it went great. Just have to get my perf cut on the graphtec to where it pops out easier. Going to take some playing with. Now to start working on the contract I have for some decals. Thank you again to the guys at Solventinkjet.