• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-130 and Windows 7

choucove

I recently mentioned in another thread that we have been having issues with our main RIP and printing computer at our Hays office. We are getting ready to upgrade all the hardware and software in our office from Windows XP to Windows 7 and it looks like we are now planning to upgrade the RIP computer as well.

We have had some worries in the past about making sure that all the drivers are compatible and work fine with our Mimaki JV3-130SPII printer. Is there any information that can help us preparing to run our new system with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with our Mimaki JV3 printer? The system we are building is an ASUS P7P55D-EVO motherboard (P55 chipset) with Core i5-760 processor running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and FlexiSign PRO v8.1 using the firewire cable. They also have a couple Mimaki cutters, I believe they are the CG-130FX. Previously I believe they had installed the printers using actual Windows print drivers (so the Mimaki JV3 shows up in the Printers list) instead of only setting up the printer within the Production Manager devices.

What is the proper way to configure and install these in Windows 7? Will we install print drivers within Windows from the mimaki website, or only create the device using the drivers within Production Manager? Are there any compatibility issues that you know of with running these cutters or printers in Windows 7?

Thank you so much for your help and information in advance!

Case

No problem running the printer and cutter in windows 7 64 or 32 bit.... Mimaki has the driver on their website.......

But you would need to upgrade your Flexi to a higher version for win 7....

Case

choucove

Actually we've been running FlexiSign Pro 8.1 on Windows 7 now for over a month without any compatibility issues at all. We have not done a test print with this yet, but Flexi itself runs perfectly fine even though it's not the latest 8.6

Case

sounds like you are good to go then........

8.1 wasn't said to have worked with win 7........

But if it is, then great!

Case

choucove

Or Vista. The design section might load and work, but I could never get the rip to work in Vista.

What specifically were you having issues with when running Flexi 8.1 in Vista? When we tested our system initially with Windows 7 Beta last year and Flexi 8.1, we were able to get a test cut to run on a Graphtec through Production Manager. Graphtec is notorious for poor driver support, and we couldn't actually install the Windows driver for it, we could only select the proper printer driver within Production Manager itself.

I'd like to try and make sure to test out everything possible on this system so let me know what you had difficulties to see if I can reproduce the settings and see how ours responds here.

choucove

I set up the computer today to do a test cut to our Graphtec cutter and was able to get it to run without any problems, but since there is some question about being able to print using Flexi 8.1 in Windows 7 to the Mimaki, I'm scheduling to take the computer in to the Hays office just to make sure and run a test print and make sure, but if the cutters are anything the same for setup and configuration within Production Manager then there shouldn't be a problem.

SignBurst PCs

Choucove, I have had different shops get varying levels of success with 8.1 and 64 Bit Vista and Win7. A few shops are OK, others have a miserable time, and yet others can get it to work "sometimes".

Flexi version 8.5 and above are supported on 64 Bit by SAI.