• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv3 130 spII stops printing no info

gabagoo

I am running a 4 panel job and the printer has stopped printing about 10" into the 2nd panel. The computer seems fine and the printer is still in remote with no error warnings? What gives?

particleman

Seems the SPII series can sometimes recover from an error such as an IF board error. I found this out one day when I let a banner tube roll into the power button of the pc running our 130SPII. The printer will beep, flash the error, then stop printing. On the SP(160/250) and old firmwares the printer in the same scenario will crash and continue to display the error forcing a power off/on. Guess what I'm getting at, are you in the room when this happens and are you seeing the screen of the printer? Does it make a long loud beep (it will be very annoying). If it does do this then you can hear it, it is getting interrupted data most likely what leads back to a hardware issue/pc issue/connection you need to look into on your pc. Hope that helps...

Letterbox Mike

Particleman has a good point, sometimes it is recoverable, try putting it into local mode and then back into remote when it does this. Don't know if it will work in your particular situation, but I've had it work more than a few times. The printer will beep, the screen will just flash whatever info is on it, and it will stop printing. Going into local and back into remote fixes it almost every time, dunno why.