• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP Horizontal Banding on right side

getcustomized

I am getting some banding on my printer . It's heaviest on the right side and gets less and less prominent as the print moves to the left. The machine is level and I pulled the media all the way thru then rolled it back up. Media comp is also adjusted. 16 pass bi directional. seems to get worse in uni. Heaters seem pretty even all the way across. Test draw is almost perfect. I did notice the locking mechanism on the back roll holder is broken off. If anyone has a clue let me know. thanks

bandingimage.jpg

artbot

i'd do a solid block of C M Y and K the full length of the printer to see if it is isolated to just one channel. there could be a clog in a line that is causing a peristaltic effect and pulling backward on the line as the ink lines head in the one (uni) direction. if it is across all channels, you might blame the main data cable possibly having a fracture that is irritated going that same direction.