• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP Not registering cartridges

dwarrior

My companies printer will not register the Cyan or the Yellow Cartridges. I have tried switching the chips on the carts and making it change from SS2 carts to SS carts and back to maybe make it reset the ink levels. Now I cant get them to register at all and my tubes are empty. I'm afraid if I dont get this fixed soon, My heads will dry out and clog.

The problem started when it said that it had and empty cart when it was a full one.

genericname

The first issue would lead me to believe you just have some debris in there keeping the cartridge from shoving in all the way. The second makes me think it's your cartridge assembly switches that need replacing. The third sounds like a board issue.

For your sake, I hope it's just the cartridge assembly. If the small switch facing the business end of the cartridge is broken, it won't register the cartridge's presence. If the flip switch at the bottom of the assembly is broken in the open position, it could read as constantly empty. To be honest, it's an odd coincidence for both of them to be gone at the same time, which would lead me in the direction of electronics.

genericname

Also, it's good form to introduce yourself in the newbie welcome forum first. Trust me, your life will be easier here in the future if you do.

dwarrior

Ive tried switching the carts, unplugging and plugging the carts in, took the bios battery out, and still cant get the carts to register. Can anyone help me?

genericname

its also saying that the yellow carts are cyan and the cyan carts are yellow if that helps any.

Is it possible that you switched cable connections at the board? Still, those are too many different issues to be caused by a single thing. It really does sound like your board is toast.

WB

I had the same issue a couple months ago.. Luckily I had a 160 for parts. I ended up replacing the complete cartridge assembly on the one side.

dwarrior

We do have a spare 160 for parts. But I think we are going to get a tech to fix it. Don't want to screw it up even further.

mindgames.1

The first issue would lead me to believe you just have some debris in there keeping the cartridge from shoving in all the way. The second makes me think it's your cartridge assembly switches that need replacing. The third sounds like a board issue.

For your sake, I hope it's just the cartridge assembly. If the small switch facing the business end of the cartridge is broken, it won't register the cartridge's presence. If the flip switch at the bottom of the assembly is broken in the open position, it could read as constantly empty. To be honest, it's an odd coincidence for both of them to be gone at the same time, which would lead me in the direction of electronics.
Perfect logical path!
Same machine(Mimaki JV3 160 SP) - more or less - the same problem: on channel 4 (KKMM-CCYY) one of bouth Magenta chanel: one of Magenta cartrige it's no recognized!
By the way, when you said "your cartridge assembly switches that need rep..." - where are placed this cartrige assembly switches?
Many thanks!!! Have to chek this... if not have to change (ultimate solution!) the mother board.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-02-08 at 16.47.54.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-08 at 16.47.54.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 56
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-02-08 at 16.49.17.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-08 at 16.49.17.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 42
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-02-08 at 16.49.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-08 at 16.49.44.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 38
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-02-08 at 16.52.05.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-08 at 16.52.05.jpeg